Chapter 21- Castle

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

I love you, bye.

Boring and short as hell chapter so we can move on to the good parts.

Amara Thorne

I exhale as I step on the first stair to get off the plane. I am immediately surrounded by the atrocious heat, the sun rays hitting my skin. The sudden temperature difference causes me to feel dizzy and my sight starts to get blurry. I have to grip the metal railing of the stairs tightly to not lose my balance. It seems to me forever that I was last in Sicily but that much time has not passed since my visit. I was a completely different person back then.

But that's actually a stupid sentence to say because you're always a different person.

Every day, every moment, every word you hear changes you.

The person I am today will be a stranger tomorrow.

But why the fuck would it even matter?
People would describe us as pure evil and think that we could only become better.

They are wrong.

We will always get worse.

As soon as I am on the ground, I look around me, taking in my surroundings. I missed this. I missed Sicily, my second home.

Fuck. What an irony considering that I avoided this place at all costs.

Too many memories. Too much history.

Too much happiness.

My father's men put the luggage in one of the black cars that are parked in front of me. Adriano is now standing next to me, waiting for me to get into the car. My parents got out of the private jet before us, and we watch them driving away, already heading to the castle. I walk towards the black car and the driver opens the door for us. As soon as we get in, I lean my head against the window, closing my eyes.

I am so exhausted.

The last two weeks were horrifying.

Thoughts about the upcoming ball flooded my head. I couldn't sleep or eat properly.

I am not scared.

I would never give those people this power over me.

But I know that everything has to be perfect.

Every step I take, every little move must be well-considered.

I know those individuals.
Most of the people who are not part of the Organized Crime have no idea who they are. Still, they are of indescribable importance.

They are the ones with the real power. They rule the world out of the shadow.

Their biggest advantage is that people always overestimate themselves. Most of the gangsters who want to get their power think they can defeat them, but these are only amateurs.

Little drug dealers think they can make a difference because they have a gang with a few weapons, but the truth is, these people are laughing at those wannabes.

They underestimate the system that has been built over the last few decades.

Neither these little gangs nor the police could do anything about it.

They own them.

They are too strong.

Too smart.

Too manipulative.