Chapter - 18

Sanskar turned his face to other side. His frustration reached to its peak.

He clenched his fist tightly. He was boiling volcano which was ready to erupt anytime.

Swara cut the call. One part of her heart was scared to see boiling Sanskar but more than that she just did not want to talk to Nikhil. Her heart was not ready to spoil this moment of her life.

When she cut the call, Sanskar turned towards her in swift with confused look which he masked with his usual coldness, immediately looking at her inquisitive eyes.

"Sanskar lit the candles" Granny's voice broke their eye lock.

"Shit... I don't have it Granny"

"It's ok Granny"

"See my child is so understanding" Granny stressed twitching her nose.

Swara's phone again started buzzing with Nikhil's call.

Sanskar ruffled his hairs in frustration. She cut the call once again and switch off her phone.

Sanskar stared at her in amazement for a moment.

"Come on Swara cut the cake. Sanskar bring knife."

"Shit! I don't have it either" he checked the cake box.

"Sanskar you are such a disaster. Who made you CEO when you can't even properly plan surprise for your wife" Granny hit her forehead. "How is she supposed to cut the cake now?"

"It's ok Granny, I will cut it with my finger" Swara intervened first time.

"I am so sorry Swara, my grandson has lost his sanity." Granny replied grumpily from other side.

"It's ok Granny. He did much more than expected." Swara tried to cover but her words brought small smile on Sanskar's face.

"Ok now cut the cake." Granny beamed with excitement.

Swara used her index finger to cut the cake.

"Sanskar why are you standing there? Hold her hand. She is your wife" Granny huffed shaking her head.

Swara and Sanskar looked at each other. Their faces were clear picture of extreme awkwardness.

He raised his hand to touch her wrist, still maintaining enough distance between them.

His simple brief touch gave tingles to her stomach.

He stared at her with corner eyes when he felt his hands touched her icy cold one.

They both cut the cake with their racing hearts.

"Happy Birthday" Granny sung song from background. She took few screenshots from her iPad as Photos of two most important people of her life.

"Sanskar feed her" Granny encouraged.

He took small piece of cake and raised in front of her mouth.

Swara opened her mouth, and he fed her staring at her face.

Sanskar felt jolt in his body when unknowingly her lips touched his fingertips. He jerked and took his hand back.

Swara bit her lower lip, recent happenings had raced her heart on marathon speed.

"Granny now please sleep. It's already late." He became concerned.

"Ok. But you both should come early as there is planned surprise for Swara." Granny wiggled her eyes.

"Of course, Granny, I am also waiting to meet you" Swara replied with bright smile.