Chapter 10

Eleven sat on the floor of the grocery store, blindfolded. Everything was silent until Lucas opened a Coke can.
"Be quiet!" Max whisper-yelled.

"Ok sorry!"

There was a silence.

"How do you even drink that!" Asked Mike.

"Because it's delicious."

A collective "what?!" came from everyone in the room, except El of course.

"It's like "The Thing", the original, is a classic! No doubt about it. But the remake," Lucas took a slow sip of the soda as Robin and I exchanged confused glances.

He continued, finally. "Sweeter, Bolder...Better."

"Your insane!"

"Do you prefer the original thing?"

"What! No! I'm not talking about The Thing i'm talking about new Coke"

"It's the same concept dude!" Lucas rolled his eyes. I was more focused on El. Ever since I outted my abilities, we've had some sort of understanding to each other. We both went through the same thing.

"Actually it's not the same concept!"

"It is the same concept!"

"No it's not!"

"yes it is!"

Eleven ripped off her blindfold, which made me jump. "Hey!" She said, sternly.

Eleven was trying to find where Billy might be, since we're all on edge about the whole incident at the cabin.

Suddenly an idea struck me.

"Why don't we go to Starcourt..?"
Everyone turned to look at me, confused.

"Well I mean it's a big place. If Billy were to find us, or the MindFlayer, we would have space to hide, and space to shoot off Lucas's fireworks if needed."

Nancy looked me in the eyes. "That's not a bad idea actually."

I smiled.

"Though we'll need to make sure that Kie and El are safe. They're after them not us."

Everyone nodded.

We all piled back into Hoppers car. On the drive there, I looked at Nancy, who was in a seat in front of the trunk I was sitting in. She was beautiful. Her brown hair pulled back, and her blue eyes glistening in the moonlight.

Eventually, we arrived at the infamous mall. When we arrived, it was closed down. Luckily we have 2 kids with superpowers and 3 kids with mall keys.

We all went down the escalator and circled up.
"Whats the plan?"

Everyone started arguing when I noticed El walk off, hands covering her ears.

"Hey guys-" No one heard me. Suddenly we heard a
thump!
We all turned our heads to see Eleven on the ground, almost passed out. Mike and Hopper ran over to her the fastest.