Chapter sixty one

We have been traveling for two hours now, I can tell everyone is nervous and I want them to feel more confident and brave. Yes we may lose people today it is war after all but we need better moral if we are to succeed.

Using my ability of spirit I project confidence, bravery, humility (because we still need to be cautious), and hope. Immediately the group's morale rises, and we travel with our heads high, our minds sharp, and our wills strong.

Goddess be with us!

As we near Lake Griffin we see Rohan and a large group of rogues.

"Let's take care of this trash! Alpha Frost, we leave you with your Luna to take on the harder part, may the Goddess be with you!" Alpha Roger calls out threw the alliance's link.

"You got this Scarlett!" Dev calls out then we veer off to the right heading for the lake's shore so that we can cross to the island in the middle while the others start fighting off Rohan and the rogues.

"Fight well! The beers are on me when we get back!" Raven calls out just before the fighting started and we along with Leon, Yen, and twenty of our best warriors including Ryan and his brother Shawn we head into the lake swimming to the Isle Froth.

Raven refused to let me swim saying to save my strength for what was to come so I just held onto his fur as he swam with me on his back.

We get to the island and the guys shake out their fur, "here we go!" Leon whispers as we slowly spread out moving quietly across the sand and into the trees.

The air is buzzing with energy and not the good kind, I can feel it the seal is about to break. Letting the others know I use my abilities to boost their senses to be able to see in this dark cloud that is starting to form.

"Be on your guard," Raven says as they move to take out the dark witches and I make it so that the air around them shields them from being detected.

Just as they strike taking out most them the seal is broken and all hell breaks loose.

Dev's POV

I called in a favor before we came out here today. There is a small group of witches that my pack met a few years back that specializes in stealth and healing.

Not knowing how today would go I called and asked them to be on standby.

They agreed to use their stealth to sneak on the battlefield to grab our wounded and get them away to use their even better healing abilities to try and help keep our casualties to a minimum.

I'm glad I called because in the chaos that is around me I just found Rohan. He's about to land the finishing blow to his daughter's mate when I grab him by the scruff of his neck flipping him off him and flinging him away.

If his daughter's mate survives he will probably lose one of his arms. I don't have the luxury of checking him as Rohan is coming at me and I'm not letting him leave here alive. It's time for this fucker to die and I'm gonna be the one to kill him!

One of the Stealth witches POV

Shit this guy is hurt bad, I don't know if he's going to make it but we promised Alpha Devil we would do our best for his allies.

We just stopped the bleeding but the damage to his right arm is extensive, it will take more time than we can devote to it at the moment as more wolves are brought in.

The worst cases we stop the bleeds and heal as much that we can here, but being the worst we will have to get them to our facility to completely fix what has been broken. Right now it's about just keeping them alive.

Even so we are unable to save everyone, but we don't stop trying till there is nothing more that can be done.

So far we have lost twenty wolves, but have saved fifty, of the fifty we saved forty six have rejoined the fight.

"INCOMING!"

I turn to see Alpha Devil is bleeding badly from his side, Shit.

"Deal lord Alpha.." I say and he chuckles.

"You should see the other guy," he smiles and winces as they lay him down on my table.

"Ok shut up and let me concentrate or I'll never be able to face your mate and pups again," I say beginning to work on him. I will save his life after all its thanks to him and his pack we are alive today.

We had been held captive by some horrible people because they wanted our abilities for themselves (they had captured us when we were still small) his pack released up from that prison.

I get the bleeding stopped and repair as much damage as possible out here in the field. He's lucky it's not as bad as I had feared.

Finished cleaning him up he heads out as another comes in, it's going to be a long day.

Shawn's POV

"Watch out!" I yell at my brother shoving him out of the way. As the silver dagger is plunged into my side, all I can think is how happy I am that I was able to get him out of the way in time.

His mate just found out last week that she's pregnant with a boy. They have three girls and have been trying for a boy.

I vaguely see that my brother has ripped that bitch apart but I can't move to help him.

The silver is burning me and I think it has hit something vital. I'm starting to get tunnel vision as I feel my strength diminishing.

My brother comes to me and whines moving his snout to my head trying to get me to get up. I can feel his sorrow eating him up, "I love you bro you're my hero," I link him and he tells me he loves me too.

Then the world fades away. Opening my eyes again I'm met with a beautiful woman before me, "come to me my child you have done well, it is time to rest." She is the Moon Goddess, I go to her resting my head in her lap. As she rubs my ears, my soul is content and I go to sleep.