⤷ 12

i was sharpening my pencil at school when my eyes fell on someone standing in the doorway. the sharpener slipped from my hand and emptied its contents onto my desk when i realized who it was.

it was the girl dancing with takashi at the party.

"isn't that the chick who flirted with takashi at emma's party?" hinata breathed into my ear and i nodded slowly.

our teacher raised her head.

"this is mizuki hayashi. she just came back from a one-year language study trip and was assigned to this class. please welcome her nicely. sit down, mizuki" smiled our teacher and mizuki nodded.

it was very quiet in the room as she walked towards the seat right in front of me. she pulled back the chair and sat down. in the meantime, our teacher had started rambling on again.

i pressed my lips together and looked at mizuki.

she had tied her pink hair into a ponytail, her skin was enviably clear. she had a piercing in her nose, and an earcuff adorned her ear.

great.

"are you still coming to my place to study math?" emma asked and all the students were walking towards the parking lots.

"no thanks, i-" i started, but immediately interrupted myself when i saw mizuki coming out of the school "better study alone" i finished the sentence and looked after her.

she walked across the parking lot with big steps and waved to someone.

three dark shapes on motorcycles were waiting for her. my gaze wandered to takashi and his friends.

"the new one is friends with takashi's friends?" asked yuzuha, following my gaze. i tore my gaze away from them and nodded.

"seems so."

i turned back to mizuki, just in time to see her walk up to takashi and hug him.

i startled myself as i imagined myself walking towards her and tearing her away from him. jealousy burned inside me.

takashi propped his chin on mizuki's shoulder as they hugged, and his eyes met mine.

he smiled slightly when he saw my slightly upset look.

even though we only looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds, it felt like hours. finally, i saw takashi break away from her and kick his moto into gear. his biceps tensed as he held the brake and the bike hummed loudly as he accelerated and the rear wheel began to spin.

mizuki giggled and takashi grinned smugly at her before looking at me again and winking.

"what a creep" hinata muttered.

emma looked at her in disbelief. "creep? that guy is a walking sex bomb. get him, y/n" she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"honestly, i think she already has him hooked" yuzuha said, grinning.

"what? why?" oh god, i must have been blushing.

"you're so blind it's almost cute. can't you see him looking at you?" emma grinned and pointed at him.

of course i saw that.

takashi's eyes were devouring me at that moment, while his friends were talking at him. takashi listened absently, mumbling something now and then without taking his eyes off me.

i cleared my throat and looked at emma again. "i don't know. it doesn't matter. shall we go?"

the others nodded and i walked to the bus stop without looking back.

at that moment, i realized that he was right about what he had said last night; i did have feelings for him.

a little filler chapter because i'm not feeling well today but i wanted to update so here you go, having a filler chapter.

do you think you'll like mizuki?