Chapter 6: Hoot Hoot!

That's when I'm dropped on the couch by this woman. I think I've had enough manhandling today. Getting dragged around by a bird, getting pulled up by a guard and now this! "You both know I'm no threat without my staff and the palisman won't take me anywhere, so why keep me here? "You think we want you here? As a good person I don't think I can let you go back to Belos in good conscience." That human tells me with an annoyance.

"And on the day before Amity comes to visit!" She continues while dramatically putting her hands to her head and giving me a salty stare. Great. Now I'll get the displeasure of seeing the girl I had little to no pleasantness with. "Dinner's almost ready. Kid, you hungry?" "No. I'm not gonna eat whatever you make." I put my head to the side and place it on the arm chair. "Suit yourself." Shrugging and walking to prepare what or WHO she's making-

"YOU!" A loud somewhat high-pitch voice yells out. An overgrown, black rat. "No, no... Why me?" I tell myself making sure they both heard me. "King, don't worry! He's not a threat." This human has her hand come close near my face, places a finger on my ear and presses the finger down to make my ear flick. "Y'know what?! THAT'S IT!" I jump up off the couch and bolt for the door. "Hooty! Stop him!" Right when I open the door and run out, I feel something wrap around my body with my arms clinging to my torso.

"What the hell?! Where di-" This thing brings me over to the couch and drops me on it again causing that little monster to laugh. "Happy to help! Hoot, hoot!" "With him around you're not going anywhere!" She laughs while reaching to make my ear do that flicking motion again but I quickly cover it. "You're lucky I can't use magic!"

The human sits on the couch on the furthest spot from me. "I know this is a sudden question but... You said you flew away from Belos. What did he do to make you fly away?" To this I just keep silent. I probably badmouthed him enough today. "He didn't do anything wrong. I was just lying to him. I betrayed his trust, so can you blame him?" The human sits closer to me with squinting eyes.

Painfully I feel something breathing on my neck. "Personal space?" Pushing the owl away by the face while I look at the tiny rat giving me a stare of curiosity. "There's nothing you need to know. Nothing important anyway."

"And what was this lie?" "None of your business! I don't want to think about it- I just wanna go back safely to my home instead of being held captiv-" "Dinner time!" The human looks to the kitchen area and then to me. "If you're trying to get me to follow you, you're wasting your ti-" She grabs me by the arm and pulls me over to the kitchen. She's shockingly strong for how she looks!

"Ah? You decided to eat too?" The Owl Lady asks while I glare daggers at the two. "As if I came here by my own will." "Was he this dramatic back at Latissa?" The human gives her a nod.

(Spelling errors? Bad grammar? Characters acting as they should?)