28- Burn Marks

PRESENT DAY

PRESENT DAY

VERONICA WASN'T pleased to find out Bruce had recruited more kids for his little circus. As if the damage he'd done to Dick and herself hadn't been enough, as if injecting fear into their veins akin to the villainous acts that Jonathan Crane had performed, now he'd roped in more acts to keep the guests entertained.

In her mind it had already been decided she'd try her best to help them out in any way she could, but first dealing with the matter at hand was more pressing.

The four entered the luxurious washroom, limp and unconscious body of the infamous Dr. Adamson lying in wait.

Kory fidgeted with her hands and pursed her lips. "What happened to him?"

"I gave him something to help him sleep. I kinda had my hands full." Dick placed his hands in his pockets, glancing over at Fox.

"Yeah, he'll be out for quite a bit." Fox added.

Veronica brushed the hair out of her face, blowing air into her cheeks, before exhaling.

Not only did the finding of Dr. Adamson bring her closer to finding out the truth about Rachel, but it also brought her closer to figuring out her case, and, what she'd do about it in the end. She had her theories about it all, of course, but majority of it was circumstantial evidence at best.

Solid proof was needed.

"Well, did he say anything?" She averted her gaze from the body of the old man to look at Dick as Kory went and stood against the opposite wall.

He looked at everyone, and adjusted his body to lean against the glass of the shower before speaking. "He said he worked for something called 'the Organization', and they work for Rachel's father. They seem to have people everywhere. Are you sure you two weren't followed?"

People everywhere.

Well, that only added to Veronicas suspicion of the Bureau. Or, to be more specific, the Director.

Veronica and Kory shared a look, however, and smiled slightly. Clearly he underestimated them both when it came to certain aspects of things, but the two's bond had only grown stronger and as a result, so had their teamwork. The chance of them being followed was slim to none.

"You sure you weren't?" Kory retaliated, pointing her finger back at the living room where the second Robin resided.

"Yeah, maybe we should be a bit more concerned about your abilities, Grayson." Veronica grinned.

Dick rolled his eyes, "You mean those two?" He chuckled, "They aren't with the Organization."

"They work for Batman too?" Kory queried.

"Did you not gather that from
the boy saying he was Robin earlier?" Fox raised his eyebrow, a teasing expression to his face, and crossed his arms.