Episode 16

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 16

~Playlist for this chapter is 'Alan Walker - Unity' 🎶🎶 do enjoy

Fernando's POV

"Micaela don't do it!" I screamed my lungs out for her to hear me and she halted in between the waters surrounding her. I was right, it was Micaela that was in there. Where I was standing was like a hill and I could sight the river below where Micaela was. Thank goodness her yellow top was flashy enough to draw attention from up here.

You might be wondering how I got here. Well, after a very long and tiring drive from searching the rooftop to the all malls in the city which weren't part of the list of places Sabrina gave to me, I just wanted to search everywhere before giving up the search. I drove to Samcheong Park but didn't find her there. I was almost on the verge of giving up my search when I finally found her here in Hangang River Park.

The day was already dark by the time I got here and the Park was so quiet and lonely. I only met two people heading out of the park, I hadn't hesitated to ask them if they had seen Micaela.  With the brief description I gave to them, they told me they saw her an ago and that gave me hope that she might still be around here. Luck was on my side, I found her doing something stupid. By now she was staring at me in awe.

I heard her stutter my name "Fer..nan...do".

"Please don't go into the water, it's very deep. You don't have to take your life just because of what is going on around you. We can fix whatever problem it is that you have but don't just exterminate yourself. I'm sorry I left without telling you, I promise it will never happen again" I took a step forward cautiously.

"You stay back, okay? You have no idea what I've been through and what I'm going through, so just stay back and don't come any closer!" she yelled scornfully and took a step backward into the water.

Okay, I think this is more serious than I thought. I can't watch this "Micaela stop, taking your own life wouldn't solve anything, it will..."

"It will solve everything, I mean everything! I'll finally find peace of mind!" she cuts in taking another step back into the water. As I watched in horror, she was getting deeper into the water and I was almost losing sight of her.

"You are acting childish and stubborn. Trust me, drowning yourself won't solve anything. Just take a deep breath and calm down. Please get out of the water and we can talk it over, please. If it's because of what I did that got you so upset to take such a radical decision, then I'm deeply sorry, I mean it, I'm sorry" I took some steps forward and she took some steps backward again.

The waters have covered more than half of her body and only her neck to her head could be seen. Just one more move and I'll lose sight of her completely. What can I possibly do to stop her? I tried to think of a way out but it was like my head was shut off at this point, had it been I been watching TV dramas then I could have acted one right now.

I stared down at my clothes and shoes and a thought hits me, I hastily took off my shoes while my eyes never left sight of her. I can't watch her drown, I can't do that now nor ever.

"Well, since I can't stop you then I can as well join you!" I yelled to her hearing and she squint back at me. I took off my jacket hastily and threw it to the ground.

"What did you just say?" she asked like she just didn't hear what I said.

"I am joining you in the water, let's drown together!" I yelled back dramatically. Well, what did you expect me to say? If she's going to drown then I'm drowning with her, I can't live to tell the story of how I watched a lady drown. If you ask me what I'm doing right now I'll tell you I don't know what is going on, so deal with it. If we both survive then I might have the chance t explain later. I took off my shirt and threw it to the ground and the cold breeze hits my skin.