Chapter 7: Always clean your plate

What lays in front of me is a plate of mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts. "I know, I know. It's probably a big downgrade from whatever you got to eat in that palace but I'm a bit low on groceries right now." "Ok, I'll bite. What do you all want from me because I probably can't give it to you." That human has a brow lowered while the rat stops eating for a second to say "What're you talking about? They're trying to help you!" My response is to just roll my eyes and eat whatever what's on the plate. When I eat, I go for whichever I'd rather not eat first to get it over with, so I pick up a brussel sprout and bite it.

A groan is heard from me as I absolutely hate that vegetable. They've always tasted disgusting, so I just chuck the whole thing down my mouth and chew as I hold my nose. "Wha- you hate it that much? You wound me, Goldie." She laughs like the harpy she is. "I have to eat whatever's on my plate anyway. What's so weird about that?" "When I don't like the way my food tastes, my mama understands." Luz- the human comments but The Owl Lady gives me an odd stare.

"Speaking of which. That reminds me of your scar." That woman asks me.. what's she getting at now? "I don't care if you hate my good. But I do care why you'd eat food you hate." That's a weird question. "What do you mean? I thought that was normal. Only an ungrateful baby would turn away nutritious food because it tastes bad." This Owl Lady gives me a stare of... Being unsure about something? Concerned? But with the human is easy to read as I can tell she's very concerned and even to ask a question. "Is that what Belos told you?"

"It's none of your business anyway. Do you all ask people constant questions?" "Hey, they're just trying to help!" the skull wearing pet tells me.

I can't take this anymore! To the point I get up from the chair. What's so weird about that? All plates must be... Must be empty... I sit back on the chair feeling awkward and realizing the plate isn't empty. "Fine. We'll stop asking questions if it's gets you to finally chillax." The older woman speaks. Immediately after that statement, Luz opens her mouth to the lady as if to say something but shuts her mouth like it'd be more wise to keep silent.

and eat the brussel sprouts as quickly as I can. But the mash potatoes taste decent, so I eat them at a normal and unrushed pace.

.

.

.

Though I liked the mash potatoes, it felt like an eternity to sit there with these three for hours. Silently I get up to go to the couch to sleep. Usually I wake up always tired and even if I awaken feeling rested, I'd feel exhausted from the jobs I'd tend. It's tiring but no effort, nothing gained. If I'm not tired then maybe I'm not working hard enough.

(Definitely meeting the Blight twins on the next chapter)