THIRTY-FOUR

"Someone get me an Advil, ibuprofen, and a Redbull!" Ryan says as he paces around his suite as Cyrus and I look at each other before shifting our eyes back to our nervous best friend as he had a break down again about the wedding that was supposed...

"Someone get me an Advil, ibuprofen, and a Redbull!" Ryan says as he paces around his suite as Cyrus and I look at each other before shifting our eyes back to our nervous best friend as he had a break down again about the wedding that was supposed to be happening in the next thirty minutes.

"How many times are you going to do this, bruh?" Cyrus rolls his eyes, "You already ate five tacos and it's only 9 AM. You better calm down before you throw up on your bride's dress while you're reading your vows." he groans in annoyance

Sometimes I wish I was a woman because I'm sure they're a lot less stressed out in Paola's room than we are in this one. Well, I'm not stressed. It's not like it's my wedding day or anything but since Paola did me a solid, I think I owe it to her to at least try to tone down my usual charm and sarcasm just for today. This is especially hard to do with Carter in the same room as me but whatever.

Ryan stops pacing and uses a finger to loosen the top of his tie a bit, "Fuck you. Why would you say that to me?" he complains, "Now I feel like the food's about to come up." he fans himself and I begin to roll my eyes

Part of me wishes he had gotten drunk at the bachelor party but he made it a point to not drink as much even when I offered to be the designated driver. He's usually a quiet drunk which is a complete 180 from how he is normally.

Karma finally started answering my texts last night after we spent the whole rehearsal dinner, well, she spent the whole rehearsal dinner ignoring me.

Her parents had let her know that they had spoken to me and apparently they're not as disgusted by me. I guess Paola was right when she told me to tell them that I was willing to turn my life around and do better things with my time, which is exactly what they told Karma.

This business meeting with her dad was important I guess because he had been trying to get a reservation at my place for the longest to impress his boss. I told him when we spoke that all he had to do was call me and I would work everything out in whatever way I needed to, to make that happen.

However, I still don't know if they would approve of me dating her...but I'm sure that they would. I'm a lot more confident about us now than I was when I freaked out on her in my hotel room. However, I needed to make things right with her before the wedding starts because I don't want us to spend another day with that awkward cloud above our heads so I needed to head down to Paola's suite any minute now to talk to her.

"Well, you only have a little over twenty minutes to decide if you're gonna be a runaway groom. If you'll excuse me I'm going to get going." I say to Cyrus and Ryan. Don't really have much to say to Carter and I'm sure it's the same on his end.

Holding a paper bag to his mouth, which I don't know where the hell that came from, Ryan looks at me incredulously once he takes it away from his mouth to control his breathing, "You're not leaving me on my wedding day! You promised we'd get through this together!"