Chapter 30 - Naboo

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Ashoka sat in the ship with Anakin and Mace Windu in the pilot seats. They were currently on their way to the city of light in Theed. But, ever since her master and her had found the earpiece lying on the floor in the hallway, she had had growing concerns about her dear friend. She had been trying to reach Saiph by commlink for the past week, but there was no response. Of course, the first three days were not as concerning as the days that followed. But, now Anakin even was a bit concerned, and she was worried that Saiph would be in trouble but also, that Saiph would be injured... or worse. Getting a scolding was probably not as bad as an injury, or death. Then Ahsoka frowned at the thought.

To Saiph... was it?

Anakin looked over his shoulder at Ahsoka, he knew she was worried and the two made eye contact. Ahsoka read his eyes, it'll be alright

As they landed, Ahsoka could see the many people outside, all waiting for the Chancellor Palpatine. Saiph had done some detective work and came to the conclusion that if Saiph had eavesdropped into the meeting, she would know to come to Naboo. Ahsoka hoped that she had made it safely.

She saw the Senator, the queen and her advisors waiting up ahead, the Chancellor spoke.

"Greetings your majesty." He said, the queen of Naboo came forward and bowed to the Chancellor.

"Welcome home Chancellor. I'm thankful to the Jedi for bringing you here safely." She greeted.

"Yes senator, it is good to be back. Although i think the amount of security that has accompanied me is overkill."

"With all due respect, Chancellor. Where your safety is concerned, there is no such thing as overkill." Mace Windu stated, Ahsoka knew that the plan they had was good, if there was a slip up, it would be easy to notice.

"So you keep insisting, Master Jedi. But I've grown tired of discussing it." The Chancellor said, and began to walk forward, the small crowd moving ahead to follow his steps.

Ahsoksa waited by Anakin as Mace Windu walked with the Chancellor up ahead. Padmé made her approach to the two.

"Anakin, Ahsoka, welcome to the festival." Padmé said, smiling.

"I've never seen the festival of light, seems like a big event..." Ahsoka said, looking up and around, as if she was admiring the scene, but in reality, she was trying to see if she could spot Saiph.

Anakin spoke next, seeing Ahsoka looks around, he knew what she was doing. "They're expecting a large crowd tonight, which means it will be more difficult for Dooku to attack during the ceremony. That leaves the palace as the best opportunity for an ambush."

Padmé frowned, "Are you that certain an attack is imminent?"

"I'm afraid so... which is why I am making Ahsoka your personal bodyguard."

"At your service my lady." Ahsoka put on a smile for Padmé, almost as of she was testing to assure herself that

"If there's trouble, Ahsoka will get  you, the queen and the rest of your staff to safety."

"What about you?" Padmé questioned and anakin casually shrugged.

"Hopefully, I'll be where I always am."

Ahsoka rolled her eyes and leaned into Padmé, "He means saving the day."

"Of course he does." Padmé smirked.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saiph awoke with a start, her face was aching a lot . She was able to see that she was no longer in the ship but she felt like she was in a speeder in an alleyway. Or was it an alleyway? Was she even in a speeder, it was dark for all she knew, but she couldn't get a feel for what was around her... walls? She couldn't tell, realizing that her eyesight was partially blocked, then noticing the strange sensation of something on her face. She was blindfolded. Saiph wriggled around, feeling for how bound she was, feeling cuffs around her wrists, but her feet were loose. There was a positive out of the situation and her hands were cuffed in front of her. What an foolish thing to do, handcuff someone where they can still move their arms.