Chapter 33 - Old Enemy

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"There will be more innocent blood on your hands, Kenobi, unless you come here, face me." A red and black tattooed man walked around a group of people in the hologram, they were wailing and crying out in fear. "Come alone and if you do not, this world-" He ignited his lightsaber, slicing through the people.

"-will burn."

Saiph had winced, as she watched the innocent people fall dead to the ground. She looked up to her Master next to her, his hand stroking his beard and eyes filled with worry.

"I have to go."

"Not alone you're not. We'll send a task force with you."

"No, you see what he's capable of. He's a broken, unbalanced monster. I've dealt with him before. I can do it again."

"I disagree. This is clearly a trap."

"Against my better judgment, agree with Master Kenobi, I do. Finish what he started long ago, Obi-Wan must."

"I'm off to Raydonia." Obi-Wan walked out of the room, with Saiph in tow.

Once the pair were out of the room, Master Windu turned to Master Yoda. "Master Yoda, if this is indeed Darth Maul, his capture is far too important to leave it to Obi-Wan alone."

"Mmm. Not alone will Kenobi be..."

"I understand he has his padawan, but with all due respect-"

Master Yoda chuckled, "-a padawan he has yes. But an unexpected ally he may have." Yoda closed his eyes, "Trust the Force, we must."

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Who is this Darth Maul?" Saiph asked and Obi-Wan sighed, slipping into his seat, Saiph plopping right next to him.

"He is a Sith Lord I had the pleasure of meeting on Naboo. When I was a Padawan."

"Really??" Saiph exclaimed, "That sounds... terrifying and exciting."

Obi-Wan smiled softly at Saiph's reaction. "He is terrifying. He killed my Master."

"Oh... I'm sorry." Saiph let out quietly, "I didn't mean to be rude-"

"You weren't." Obi-Wan started, "It's all in the past. Let's just make sure we find him."

Saiph nodded sceptically, "Yes Master." Whoever this dark lord was, she was curious how sinister he could be to cause Obi-Wan to act this way. The two would usually speak on matters that were more serious with one another for long periods of time, and if they were shorter. They still held deep meaning. Saiph decided to just keep an eye on him. He may be her superior and was- older than her, she would make sure no harm came to him during this mission.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saiph sat silently next to Obi-Wan watching him. He'd been awfully quiet since they took flight for Raydonia. The scanner started to beep, indicating that their time in hyperspace was coming to and end.

"Approaching the planet now." Saiph said, pulling the lever on the dash. The starts began to drag out from line, back to their original forms of
Miniature glowing dots against the black void.

Entering the atmosphere, Saiph could see all the different plat life on the planet. The colours varied in neon, from green to blue, magenta and red, with a dark cloudy sky overhanging them.
Saiph then thought she saw something on the horizon. "There." She pointed out. It was smoke, trailing upwards far on their left.
"They are most likely that way." She continued, Obi-Wan nodded, still silent.

As they landed the ship, Saiph widened her eyes in horror, the entire village was in flames. She stood up abruptly, about to jump outside when Obi-Wan put a hand on her shoulder, holding her back.

"Follow me. This is not something to jump into."

"But the people-" Saiph interjected but stopped when she saw Obi-Wan's face.

Saiph understood what he was trying to silently say. If there was anyone in the village, they were most likely no longer alive.

"I'm sorry, Master." She said and Obi-Wan walked by her, "Let's go."

Saiph followed Obi-Wan out of the ship, the smell of smoke hit her in the face and she grimaced. They began to walk through the village, baskets of fruit thrown across the dirt ground, stands smashed. A yellow and white astromech was repeatedly rolling into a wall. It had been damaged and so I-Wan used the force, pushing the droid to the wall, and forcing it to shut off.

Saiph saw a woman lying on the ground and gasped, she hurried over, rolling the woman over. Saiph saw then that she was too late, the woman was limp, her mouth hanging slightly open.

She then saw a cauterized hole in the woman's abdomen. "A lightsaber." Saiph whispered, looking at the fatal wound. The cause of the stranger's death. 

Obi-Wan bent down, putting his fingers on the woman's eyes, closing them.

Saiph then felt a spike in the force. "Do you feel that?" Saiph asked and Obi-Wan nodded. Her stood up, "Something is here... Or someone." Obi-Wan looked around himself, checking his surroundings.
"Stay hidden."

"Yes Master." Saiph agreed, seeing a spot between two homes, getting herself there, along with the woman. She rested the woman's hands on her chest and let her rest. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan had continued walking down the street in the village. He took a quick note of his surroundings, then looked back forwards. But this time, he made eye contact with someone who looked exactly like Maul, standing on a rock up above him.

Saiph looked at the Dathomirian, the burning flames around him made his aura even more dark than she could have imagined. She then noticed his legs, both were made of metal, with claws for feet. Saiph felt herself getting sick of the thought of what damage they could do, if kicked hard enough.

"Jedi. I have been waiting for you." The Maul lookalike sneered. Obi-Wan was not too sure of what to

"I'm not sure I've made your acquaintance." Obi-Wan stated causally, draping his arms together. He placed a hand on his bearded chin.

"I am surprised you could have forgotten me so easily after I killed your master and you left me for dead on Naboo."

Obi-Wan dropped his hand form his chin, eyebrows creasing in confusion as well as concern. "It is you."

"You may have forgotten me, but I will never forget you." Maul sneered. "You cannot imagine the depths I would go to to stay alive, fueled by my singular hatred for you."

"That may be so, but I defeated you before-" Saiph watched as her master ignited his lightsaber. "-and I can defeat you again."

Maul let out an ominous laugh, yellow eyes digging into the Master's frame. "Don't be so certain."

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}