Chapter 34 - Maul (intermission)

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

After the events that had happened a few days prior, Obi-Wan was sent out again to find Maul, who was now accompanied by his brother Savage. This time however, his Padawan and he were going to be accompanied by Jedi master Stass Allie.

Before leaving on the mission, Saiph was making her way to the hangar to leave, with Ahsoka beside her.

"Are you sure you want to go?"

"Yes Ahsoka, we have a job to do. Why are you so concerned?" She smirked, wriggling her eyebrows at her friend. But Ahsoka didn't reciprocate the same emotion.

"I do not want you to get hurt." Ahsoka replied with instead and Saiph sighed, "Ahsoka..." Saiph looked to Ahsoka, who made a face of confusion. "What? I'm serious!"

"Is that the only reason you're holding me back?" Saiph felt pressure on her study and looked down to her arm, "Quite literally?"

An evident flush in Ahsoka's cheeks appeared when she looked down as well, her hand holding tightly Saiph's wrist. She let go, "We just haven't had a lot of time together y'know?"

"Ahsoka- we spend all of our free time together." Saiph laughed, "Besides, maybe next time we can have a mission together. You should ask."

Ahsoka nodded and sighed in defeat, "I care about you Saiph."

I care about you Saiph.

Saiph gasped, as the impact of something colliding with her chest hit her. For a small moment, she could not breathe. She spun around on the spot, she scanned to see if there was anything out of the ordinary down the hallway they had just walked through.

There she could make out a glowing sphere in the air, hovering several feet above the ground. One could say, a ball of light.

I care about you Saiph.

Saiph blinked a few times, squinting at the sight before her. Once open her eyes again, she saw nothing in the hallway. No ball of light and nothing strange.

"Saiph?"

Saiph came back to reality and blinked a few times. She turned to Ahsoka, "What did you say?"

"Your name?"

Saiph shook her head, then placed a hand to her temple, "No no, before that."

"I care about you?"

"Yes..."

She looked at Ahsoka in thought, while her friend had confusion written all over her features.

"What is it?" Ahsoka asked with a cautious tone.

"Uh, nothing. You just said something that reminded me of someone." Saiph looked away from Ahsoka, who's forehead creased with slight concern again. "Alright..." Ahsoka unsurely replied, "...but if you need-"

"Saiph."

Ahsoka was interrupted by Saiph's name being called. The two girls then saw Obi-Wan walking towards them saying, "It's time to go."