Soulmate Pt 2

Kara's POV

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

"Ughhh!" I slam my alarm clocks button and rollover in bed. I pull the blankets in tighter around me and start to get cozy again when I kick myself out of bed before I doze off again.

Sitting on the edge of my bed I pull out my phone and see a message from an unknown number.

Hi Kara! It's me, Lena. I was just wondering when you would be free this week?

"Eek!" I squealed with excitement before I accidentally crush my phone in my hands.

Pushing the rats nest I call my hair out of my face, I bolt up and start saying, "oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck," on repeat. (Obviously silently scoulding myself as I do it too.)

This is the first time in years that I have crushed my phone. Luckily, I have a landline for this exact reason. But un-luckily, I can't respond to Lena and I left her on read.

There isn't really anything I can do until lunch when I can get myself a new phone and then I'll head over to L Corp and let Lena know.

I gave Alex a call. A call in which she called me stupid and laughed at me.

Lena's POV

I woke up a little late because of my stalking the night before so I got myself ready for the day and in the car ride over checked my phone for a text from Kara.

Hi Kara! It's me, Lena. I was just wondering when you would be free this week?

Nothing. And left on read 43 minutes ago.

I started to spiral in my brain. Shit. Did she not have as much of a fun time yesterday as me? I must have gotten the wrong signals, damn it.

I put my phone away and walk through the doors of L Corp while straightening out my burgundy suit. Doing my normal walk to my office I gave the usual smiles and hellos to people as I passed until I got to Jess at her desk.

"Whats wrong?" Jess says with side eyes at me.

"What? No hello?" I shoot back while waving my hand to tell her to come into my office as well.

"No, no hello. I can tell you are off and this time it isn't in a good way. Yesterday your mojo was off but it was good! You were relaxing. Right now it looks like you are about to go on a 3 day tech bender and forget to eat or drink water." Jess says matter-of-fact-ly and takes a seat against the edge of my desk.

Jess has been my assistant for a few years now and the closest thing I have to a best friend as well so she says it like it is and it's one of my favourite qualities about her.

"Well, you see... you remember that reporter from yesterday?" I ask while avoiding eye contact with her.

"Yeah, the cute blonde who you talked with for like half the day? The one you most definitely have a crush on?" Jess says back with a laugh.

"Yeah, well I might have accidentally stalked her on the internet all night and asked her if she is free for lunch sometime this week."

"Okay.... lots to unpack here. First, of course you stalked her. I'm not surprised. Second, that doesn't seem like an issue at all? Unless she didn't give you her phone number and you found that out yourself. Then there is an issue." Jess says with sarcasm.

"No, she gave me her number." I reply.

"Okay then why are you off?"

"She left me on read!" I say as I pass my phone to Jess to see the message.