Chapter 3 - Anger

Xander

Daisy came back home today. I don't really know how I am supposed to feel. When she was taken from us I promised myself that I would never think about her again. Yes I was young, but the heartbreak stayed with me until I got older. I eventually got over it, and now that she's back, all of the bad memories and feelings I've suppressed are re-surfacing and it makes me nauseous.

She's a couple doors down from me, and all I can ask myself is why am I so scared? Why does being in a room with her make me physically ill? How have I let myself become such a horrible person to the point where I wish she never came home? If she never came home I wouldn't be feeling like I did all those years ago.

A knock at my door breaks me out of my daze. Ignoring the knock, I roll over to lay on my side, my back facing the door. Heavy footsteps follow the creaking of my door.

"Get out" I growl at him refusing to meet his eyes.

"No," Noah grits out, I was expecting this reaction, but that doesn't mean I am pleased with the confrontation.

"Get out Noah. I swear, if you came in here to make me feel bad or tell me to be more welcoming, I will kill you." I wouldn't actually kill him, and he knows it's not a threat.

"I'd like to see you try. Why did you have to be such a dick to Daisy?" He questions me still standing at the door. I look up at him with a small glare.

"I wasn't."

"Yes you were, she's scared and confused. We need to gain her trust and we can't do that if you make her uncomfortable!" He exclaims getting frustrated.

"Mom probably raised some spoiled little brat and she's just acting innocent to get shit out of us." I say even though I know that what I said isn't the truth. Maybe I just don't want to believe it?

"You are a huge asshole." He scoffs.

"Right back at you."

"One day you will regret being rude to her. You will regret treating her like shit. And when you do realize your mistake you will regret it even more when she wants nothing to do with you." He finishes as he walks out.

If I let her in and she gets taken again I don't know how I will handle it. If I get close and she leaves again I can't even imagine how detrimental that would be for me. I'm not getting close to her.

Not again.

-

Daisy

Waking up I panic a bit seeing the unfamiliar room. I must've slept for an hour or two because the sun has gone down a bit. I soon remember where I was. Who I now live with. I'm not sure how I feel about it. A knock from the door sounds through the room.

Get up Daisy, if you don't open it you'll get punished.

I quickly get up and open the door I see Henry there smiling down at me. "Dinners ready let's go meet everyone."

We head downstairs. It's a really nice house but it's not so big where I could get lost. As we get to the dining room I see the rest of the boys all sitting at the table. I have already caught all of their attention. There gaze on me makes me fidget a bit.