zone 41: home

Lucy's POV

I've known...

I've known for a while now.

I had all the pieces in front of me and finally connected them once I saw her the first day she came back.

When I saw Hana in the parking lot of the Sanctuary speaking with Jinyoung, I knew who she was. 

Hana's POV

"Hi, Lucy," I smile at her as she slowly walks closer to me, letting go of Hyunjin's hand. She stares deep into my soul like she was putting me in a trance. I couldn't read her face though or tell what she was thinking. She was just staring.

Changbin and Chaeyoung left the room to give us privacy. Hyunjin watches silently as Lucy and I reconnect. Lucy slowly looks down at the sleeping Hyunho in my arms and frowns a little.

"What's wrong?" I ask and she looks back at me. 

"Why didn't you guys tell me?" Lucy questions and I furrow my brows in response. I glance at Hyunjin who gives me a blank look and shrugs. "I read about it in your diary..." My eyes grow wide. She read my diary. She found my journal. The one I lost long ago. 

"I'm sorry, honey," I say, slowly tearing up and try to find the right words to say to my daughter. "We- this life is complicated. I never wanted to let you go but I had to, to save the ones who are still taking care of you; To save Uncle Hyunjin; To save your mom and dad," I explain with as much sincerity as I could. 

"You guys are my mom and dad..." Lucy's voice trails off and I sigh and think about Yeji and Young K. 

"You're right..." I sniffle and little and look up at Hyunjin who is staring at me somberly. 

"But you love Yeji and Young K as your mom and dad," Hyunjin interrupts after realizing I couldn't continue speaking. "And they love you as their daughter," Hyunjin smiles a little. "We never meant to hurt you if you feel betrayed. We thought it was for your own good that you were raised by a stable... couple," Hyunjin pauses and glances at me. 

"Do you and Hana still love each other?" Lucy asks and both of our eyes meet in surprise. I stare into the handsome man's eyes and feel my heart skip. I smile softly and nod.

"Of course," I say in the smallest voice and then notice Hyunjin's lips perk up.

"I do," Hyunjin agrees.

"I told Hyunho," Lucy says and looks down guiltily. "I'm sorry." I shake my head and pet Lucy's hair.

"No, it's okay, Lucy," I correct her. "You did something that none of us could do," I sigh. "We're sorry for not telling you sooner. We just thought we were protecting you."

"Thank you," Lucy smiles and hugs Hyunjin tight. I smile watching the two.

Sana's POV

We approach the first floor of the mansion where the rest of the group stays. As much as I wanted a tour of the amazing establishment, the pilot wanted to give us a proper introduction before moving onto the basics. 

I see six other men in the living room, each doing their own thing. One is dead asleep on the couch while three are playing table tennis together. One is drinking at a bar while another is eating. While observing the scene, it felt as if there was no apocalypse out there. The place looked untouched and so lively. 

The pilot who has brought us down claps his hands twice to grab the attention of the men. 

"Where are all the women?" Momo whispers to me. I shrug and look around to see if there were anyone else with them.