Chapter Twenty-Three

Beep. Beep. Beep.

What the heck was that beeping sound?

Look, guys, I wanted to do a huge handful of interesting things, but I can assure you that 'falling out of a plane' was NOT on my bucket list. Seriously.

At least I actually fell through clouds, made it alive in one piece, and didn't feel like crap. That's good enough for me.

Yes, I remember. Yes, it's unbelievable. Yes, I'm just so irresistibly awesome like that. Just found out? Well, you've missed out on a lot, then.

Welp, at least I didn't die. Now, where is Lysander so I can give him his punch in the gut I promised myself I would give him.

The doors of the room slammed open. "THANK GOODNESS YOU'RE AWAKE, I W-"

The nurse behind Lysander tried to hide her laughter and succeeded because no one saw her but me.

"I'll need you to sit up for me, Miss Robins." I nodded.

"AHH! IS SHE MUTE? PLEASE DON'T BE MUTE! THEN I WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR REACTIONS WHEN I ANNOY YOU! AHHH!! I'M HAVING A PANIC ATTACK, DOCTOR, I MAY NOT SURVIVE!!!" Lysander screamed.

Then he started screaming. Again. Oh, what a song to my ears. Not, it sounded like screeching and dying birds. You don't need to know how I know what a dying bird sounds like, I just DO. Deal with it.

"AHH!! I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING! AM I GOING TO DIE AT A HOSPITAL? OH, I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DIE HERE. OR ANYWHERE! GREYSON, CATCH ME!"

Is Greyson invisible or something, I have no idea because no one caught him and he fell to the ground. His mumble "I hate you, Greyson" was louder than his fall. Ha. Greyson is awesome.

"Maybe you'll end up at the mental hospital, buddy, because that's where you belong. And, by the way, I'm a nurse, not a doctor. Get your facts straight, boy." The nurse said.

Lysander put a hand over his heart. "I'm not offended.. How is this possible? Have you possessed me, doctor?"

The nurse rolled her eyes while she stuck (well, stabbed would be the more descriptive word for it that my English teacher would be so proud of me) something into my arm. I would not suggest that because you never know what important vein you're going to kill.

"Boy, are you deaf? Apparently so. I know I'm a NURSE and I'm not supposed to swear, but I swear that my three year old boy is more mature than you. Your friend? Not so much. At least he's STANDING like a normal human being instead of sweeping the floors with your body." The nurse sighed.

"Why did I even get this job just to work with brainless teenagers? At least I'm not a surgical nurse. Then I would have to face the extreme difficulties of inserting a brain instead of the jello that already was in there." At least the nurse sure knows how to be optimistic.

"Oooh. Did wittle Lysandy get roasted by a 5-foot tall nurse?" Greyson teased and flashed me a grin, of which I laughed.

"I have nothing to complain about my height. Unlike you, Lawrence or whatever your name is, have a brain. Better than the skill of being able to trample people." She muttered to herself and took all her needles (yay!) away, far, far away from me.

When the doors closed, Lysander asked, "Any help here?"

Neither of us stood up to help.

"Please?" Greyson rose from his seat and kindly...

Slapped Lysander, and went back to his seat.

"Where did I find such mean friends?" He fake sniffled, "I thought you guys were better than this."

Yeah, and I thought Lysander could actually stand up. Guess I was wrong.

"I thought you had brains, but the nurse said you didn't. So one of you guys are lying and I'm pretty sure it's you." Greyson said.

Lysander laid on the floor. "At least the janitor will appreciate all the sweeping I've done in the last ten minutes. I might be sleeping here tonight and I won't leave until one of you grow a heart and help me.

Neither of us budged.

"You heartless people! I thought-"

"Get off the floor, boy." A deep voice said from the doorway. We all looked at each other then we looked up. It was a couple of police officers.

Lysander was getting called 'boy' more than I got called 'little girl.' People really do need to learn names.

"Ms. Robins, we'll need to discuss something with you in private and we need you to provide as many facts as you can so we can know what type of criminal we're dealing with. We've already caught him, fortunately, but he won't talk."

Get him bananas and he'll take a mile a minute. But apparently the policemen didn't think of that.

"He-" I started.

"IN PRIVATE." The police officer said rather loudly to silently say, 'Get out now, fools, or I'll kick you out' to the boys.

The boys left sluggishly and Lysander eyed the police officer like he was going to murder me. Death glare, I guess, but the police officer ignored him and continued being the statue he secretly is.

"I'll need to ask you a few questions, and it would be extremely helpful if you answered these questions to the best of your ability. If not, we could go through a small exercise to gain your memory of what had happened to you.

"If there are any questions that you do not want to answer, we have other police officers some of which you may be comfortable talking to." I hate how not answering wasn't an option.

"Shall we begin?" He asked me.

"Can I say no?" I asked hopefully.

"I'm afraid that's not a choice, ma'am." He replied.

What I wanted to say: WELL THEN WHY THE HECK DID HE ASK ME? HUH? ANSWER THAT, MORON!

What I actually said. "So it all started when I got shipped (literally) to a private school in Hawaii...."
_____________
Hey guys!

I'm actually proud of myself that I've gotten a chapter written this week! It's Thursday (morning, before I go to school) so chances are that this got posted Thursday afternoon after I came back from school.

I'd really like to bring a smile to you guy's faces by double-updating, and I'll try, but please note this chapter took about three days.

Thanks for reading!

So far, there's 7 new commenters/ voters, so I'll also have to write those too. (Yeeah, I'll be real busy)

If you liked this chapter, please comment, vote, and share!

How'd you like this chapter?

Have a nice day, guys, and ILY!

Somerandomhuman88