more like night terrors

Error couldn't sleep. Chevron was acting too much like Blueberry back when he.... People being overly nice to him after he clearly was trying to be alone was off-putting to put it at the very least. And then there was that little Chevron, gross. 

And besides, the wind was howling too hard for him to get some shut-eye anyway. He sat up and tried again to reach into the anti-void, but again, he failed. He tried reaching into Underfell to steal some chocolate, but again, nothing. Why was it that he couldn't leave this damn place? The kid couldn't leave either. And it wasn't like the universe was small, even Error with his terrible 8000-year-old-bat eyesight could make out the edge. 

Error looked up at the ceiling, waving his finger around to tie whatever he could to the ceiling to make it feel more like home. 

"Didn't the kid say that that Frisk was a memory or something?" asked Error's hand, who seemed to have taken a life of its own. 

"Something like that. I wasn't really paying attention." 

Handy shook its head. "You really should work on that, you know.  No wonder you don't have any friends."

Error blew an air raspberry. "Aw, come on. I have you, the only person I like, don't I?" 

"Not with the way you do things around here, you don't." 

"Don't be like that, Handy," Error said, frowning. 

Handy scoffed before continuing, "This place is too weird, Error. Even I think so, and I'm with you all the time. I've seen some messed up stuff, Error."

Error chuckled. "I know this place is weird. I can hear the anti-void screaming at me to come back but I don't know how to get out of here--"

"It's not just that, Error. You've been remembering a lot of stuff since you got here, haven't you?" Handy somehow crossed its arms.  "That's why you wasted your breath making conversation with that troublemaker Stripey." 

"His name is Chevron, but go on."     

"What if something terrible happens with how much you've been remembering? Doesn't the thought terrify you? It terrifies me. If your memories came to be like Stripe's did, that would mean bad things all around."

A pounding at the door startled Error out of his little trance, so much so that Handy faded from existence.

"I told you to not bother me while I'm sleeping!" Error shouted Chevron's direction. 

"I'm not doing anything!" Chevron responded through the door. 

The pounding became more desperate, only it was coming from the front door--not the door that separated the living room from the bathroom. Error readied some red bones and aimed a gaster blaster at the door when it finally just broke open. A bolt of lightning and some thunder added to the dramatic effect. 

When the flash faded, Error dropped all his weapons. 

Sans, drenched in rain and sweat, excitedly exclaimed, "Alphys! I know how I can stop the kid for good!"