27| Betrayal

Aria Blue POV:
—————————

Placing my feet on the floor, I get off my bed and run over to the bathroom. Lifting the lid of the toilet, I drop down on my knees and begin vomiting out my empty stomach.

This has been happening the last three days. It's probably because I haven't eaten anything and my body is getting sick.

It's been a week.

A week since I found out Dante was the one who murdered my mother. A week since I've felt nothing but betrayal and rage. A week since the wound of my mother's death has fully opened and everything has came seeping out. A week since I last properly ate. A week since I last seen Dante and what a week it has been.

I've been staying at my apartment all day. Dom and Crew have been coming over everyday to check on me and making sure I'm okay. Dom has been not lying to Dante of where I'm at, but not entirely telling the truth.

I know it's not long till Dante comes banging on my door and I have to face my fears.

I hate the fact that I don't even hate him. That I care deeply for the man that took it all from me in the blink of a eye. For the man that welcomed me into his home when he killed my mother not a month earlier.

The question that has been roaming in my head is, does he know?

Does he know that he took the life of the only person that gave a shit about me? That made sure my life was the best it could be when I felt like giving it all up. That brought me into this world and raised me all by herself all while working a full time job. That made sure I had food on the table and a roof over my head every fucking night. That always made time to read me a bedtime story and tuck me in even though she was tired and stressed out from work. That always put me above everyone else including herself. That was the sole reason I smiled and laughed throughout the first 18 years of my life.

Does he know?

And if he does, why did he bring us down this path?

Me and my mother have different last names. My mother gave birth to me while her and my father were still dating so she never took over his last name. We also didn't really look alike except for our brown hair and porcelain skin.

My eyes are a mix of hers and my fathers.

Another question that has been stuck on my mind is, why did he do it?

Did he kill her because she saw too much? Lyla did say there was another body at the scene so did my mom see the incident between him and the man? Is that why he killed her?

Never will I fucking forgive him for doing what he did, especially if it's for that reason.

I want to hate him. So fucking much. But I can't bring myself to do it and it's killing me. It's tearing me out inside out and I can't do nothing but let it. Maybe it's because I'm partially still in denial.

I don't want to believe that the man I've grown to care about with my whole well being is the same man that killed the women that is the reason I have a well being.

I wanted nothing more than to find the murderer of my mother. That's the reason I came here. But now that I have my answer, I want nothing more than put the name back into the box and throw it into the ocean.

I haven't cried, I haven't yelled or torn my room apart, I've just stayed in bed and watch the day go by my window in hopes it would all be a dream when I wake up.

But the thing is, I never find sleep.

I've grown so used to falling asleep in Dante's arms that now when I try in my own bed, it doesn't feel right.