21- Little Boy

The Next Day
10:12 am

The group had walked across the large field and toward the king of Wakanda and his general. The jet that Natasha had was behind them and was ready for them to go.

Approaching them, Steve shook T'Challa's hand "I don't know how many times I've thanked you already-"

"-Captain Rogers, what I did was a favor as a friend. Your friend Barnes will be safe here, and after he gets out of cryo we will start his de-programming process" He said, smiling.

Steve nodded and gave him a gracious smile back.

Nadia walked up to him and gave him a handshake as well "Thank you for saving me, please tell Shuri I'm thankful for her as well".

T'Challa nods "I will, and no problem Ms. Maximoff. If anything it has been an honor to meet such a person like yourself, you and your friends are welcomed here anytime".

She nods, trying to hide her blush as she smiles "Thanks, and I will make sure to make a note of it".

"My king, the jet is ready" Okoye, the Grand General of the Dora Milaje speaks as she walks up to the group.

T'Challa nods at her and turns back to the trio "Stay safe, no one will know that you were here".

The group and the king hid their goodbyes as they walk into the jet. Sam sits in the pilot seat and flips one of the switches as Nat sits next to him "Alright Golden Girls, even though we're on the run we still have a shitload of things to take care of".

Steve sat in the chair next to Nadia, looking at her "Did your sister check in?"

"Yeah, she and Vision are both safe. She didn't tell me where but.. she assures be that they are both alright" She said sighing, bucking her seatbelt.

Steve nodded and turned to look at Sam "Alright, Sam...take us to Moscow".

——
Five Months Later

"Steve, I got eyes on the target" Sam whispered through coms

"What do you see?"

"Three riflers, pointing at the captives"

"How many captives?"

"One man, brown hair, late thirties. The other one is a kid; a boy, brown hair too".

Hearing this Nadia furrowed her eyebrows "What? Who's child is he?".

"Seems like he's Sidorov's nephew, and the other captive man is...the boy's father"

Steve cursed mentally and sighed "He's expecting someone to come for them, mainly us. He knows he would never harm kids".

"Well this just got a whole lot messier" Natasha mumbled through coms.

"Alright Sam, you take care of the snipers. They are prepped around the building. Nat take care of the grounders, Nadia will cover me and get to the hostages while I get first hit on the big guy. We clear?".