23- New Beginnings

When Nadia walked through the portal, she took notice that she wasn't in the jet anymore; instead she was inside a old and run-down motel room.

The room contained two beds and a couch on the far corner. A mini-fridge stood right next to it as well, along with a small TV on top of a coffe table.

Near the window of the room was a small desk and chair that she saw Steve Rogers currently occupying. A worried and concentrated look stayed on his face as he frantically shuffled through papers and maps on the desk.

He grunts in frustration and runs his hands through his slightly growing hair "Where the hell are you, D".

"I'm right here, well...now I am".

Steve almost whipped his head to the side once he heard the soft voice he missed speak up. There Nadia was; standing dead in the middle motel room.

Nadia cringed slightly "Sorry about the whole disappearing thing, honestly I don't know how it happened it was like one moment-".

She was cut off by the strong impact of Steve embracing her. He tightened his arms around her, his voice filled with worry "What the hell happened, where did you go?".

Nadia slightly pulled back to look up at his face with nervousness "Well..I accidentally teleported to my school friend Peter Parker's room".

"Wait-You can teleport?"

"Um, Yeah"

"Since when?!".

"Since now, apparently. I didn't know about it before, and it just suddenly..happened" Nadia explained, staring up at him with slight sorrow "I'm sorry for worrying you, Steve. I'm fine though".

Steve sighed and lifted his hand up to cup her cheek "You have nothing to apologize for, well..maybe the minor heart-attack you put me through but that's about it".

Nadia snorted a laugh "That was probably due to your old age".

Steve just rolled his eyes in response then looked at her fondly. Nadia's heartbeat began to quicken once she felt him subtly caress her cheek with his thumb.

Her breathing became slightly uneven when Steve suddenly leaned in and gently kissed her forehead, pulling back and staring into her eyes with the same fondness "I don't know what I would do if something happened to you again sweetheart..."

Nadia smiled softly and placed her hand on top of his, the one holding her cheek "You shouldn't worry about me so much Steve, you know I can take care of myself" She said, her eyes slightly glowing blue in response.

Steve sighed and raised his other hand, both now cupping each side of her face "That's exactly why I'm worried".

"Because..because your afraid I'll hurt someone else in the process.." Nadia said somberly, her heart beginning to ache at her assumption.

The soldier immediately shook his head "No, I'm afraid you'll hurt yourself. Sometimes I think you forget that you have someone watching your back for you now, your not alone anymore".

"I know, it's just...I don't want to rely fully on someone. It never ends well.."

"Well just know that you can always rely on me okay? I'll always be there for you, even when we're on the run from basically the entire world" Steve joked.

Nadia cracked another smile and placed a hand on his chest "And I will be looking after your wrinkly-ass as well, even while there are hundreds of people who want to kill us".

The two stare at each other intensely, not one of them even attempting to break eye contact. The air in the room seeming to get thicker as their gazes continue longer.