𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

THE POGUES DID IN FACT HAVE A PLAN

THE POGUES DID IN FACT HAVE A PLAN. Well somewhat of a plan. "Clear John B's name so he can come home." was apparently the plan— in JJ's words anyway. Chiara reminded him that if they were to do that, they needed to go deeper, but the conversation ended there seeing as the boy started making many inappropriate jokes from just that one sentence.

Leaving the janitor's closet without anyone noticing was impossible, and she knew some assumptions would be made when JJ would be seen exiting five minutes after her, but at this point she didn't care. Getting Sarah and John B home safely seemed to be the only thing racking her mind.

After school JJ had texted her to meet them by The Wreck, the very successful restaurant her family ran. Once getting there to join the pogues she passed her mother who didn't hesitate to call out to her.

"Chiara I need those setups done by five!"

"There are other people who work here!" Chiara yelled back at her mom.

"But ain't none of them my children!" Her mother, Anna, replied.

"Last time I checked Kiara was in that womb with me so!" Chiara mentioned walking up to the pogues.

"Setups! No later than five missy!" Anna scolded.

Chiara rolled her eyes, "Yes ma'am."

"Why do you always have to argue with her?" Kiara shook her head.

"Be me for a day and you'll get why princess." Chiara sat down next to JJ who held back a laugh. "So any ideas yet?"

"I'm sorry, when did we involve you in all this?" Kiara questioned.

"When you almost got my best friend killed from it." Chiara raised her eyebrows.

"It's a pogue thing." Kiara tried to deny.

"Well now it's a Chiara thing too." The girl challenged. "I don't care about your sacred tribe, I just want to get my friend, get these Peterkin killing bastards sentenced, and be on my merry way."

Everyone seemed to go quiet at that causing Chiara to sit up straighter. "So I ask again. Any ideas yet?"

"Bahamas anyone?" JJ suggested.

"There's no way we're going to the Bahamas JJ." Pope shook his head.

"John B will get nabbed sooner or later, so if we're gonna clear his name we need to have it done like yesterday." Kiara stated.

"I'll tell you how we do it." JJ announced.

"You have it all planned out?" Chiara asked.

"As a matter of fact I do Juliet." JJ turned to her. "We kidnap Rafe."

"I'm sorry what?" Pope looked at the boy in disbelief.

"We kidnap Rafe, tie him up and stick the gun in his mouth and just wait until he starts squawking." JJ proudly put it.

Kiara furrowed her eyebrows, "You know torture's a war crime."

"Yeah so how exactly do you plan on clearing John B's name from a prison cell? Because that's a felony." Pope deadpanned.

JJ shrugged, "All right, well, what do you got, Pope? I was just trying to keep it simple. You know, one stop and we're done."

"You're brain is just such an interesting place." Chiara told him. "Like so much yet not enough is going on in there."

"Guys all we need is a material witness." Pope spoke up. "We saw Ward's plane fly over our heads with the gold inside of it."

"So? you guys saw his plane fly, how does that help?" Chiara chimed in.

Pope turned to her momentarily, "He didn't fly it. If somebody else flew, they were on the tarmac. They saw Peterkin get murdered."

"We just have to find whoever that was and get them to confess on record." Pope finished.

"How do we do that?" Kiara asked.

Chiara smirked, "How about a little light espionage."

"A little ghost recon." JJ smiled agreeing with the girl.

Pope then held out his hand, "Woogity-woogity."

"Woogity, baby!" JJ and Kiara cheered while Chiara sat there tilting her head at them, watching the three in silence.

They then looked at her all hands still out. Chiara shook her head immediately knowing what they were getting at.

"No no no, i'm not doing whatever that was."

"Hey you wanted to be involved, you're involved." Pope shrugged. "Gotta go all in to be with us."

Chiara looked at all of their persistent faces, still not fully convinced into doing it.

"C'mon Juliet we don't have all day." JJ groaned causing Chiara to sigh and connect her fingers in a wagging motion.

"Nuh uh you have to say it too." Kiara smirked. Even though she didn't really want her sister involved, she found joy in Chiara's struggle.

Chiara sighed and mumbled unenthusiastically, "woogity-woogity."

"I'll take it!" Pope perked up.

"Yeah I'm satisfied with that!" JJ added as the three then took off to get the proof they needed.

"IF this guy flew planes for Ward, he's gotta be pretty tight-lipped." Pope said as the four were in the car owned by the father of the Carrera twins, to find the pilot.

JJ being JJ then loads up his gun making Chiara jump seeing as she was sat next to him in the backseat of the vehicle.

"So then direct approach gets my vote." JJ voices.

That then enlists an argument between the three pogues and Chiara as they tried to get JJ to put the gun away.

"We gotta keep this simple or we'll never get John B off." JJ told them.

"Uh hate to break it to you Maybank— but threatening someone a GUN ain't simple." Chiara argued.

JJ turned to the girl next to him, "Oh so you got a better idea Juliet?"

"Anything I have is better than that."

"Oh really? Well why don't you share with the class your very bright idea, we're waiting." JJ dramatically phrased.

"We could just tickle the wire." Pope interrupted the pair.

"What?" Kiara asked the boy in confusion.

"We tickle the wire. I plant my phone in his car, and then we listen in on your AirPods." He put in them in and then held the phone to Kiara's mouth. "Say something."

"Something."

"Okay we have audio." Pope said once he could hear Kiara through the AirPods.

CHRISTI COMMENTS!

this is kinda my favorite chapter so far idk it's cute
bye loves <3