⇢ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘵

IT WAS THE EVENING as Steve Rogers spent most of the day by himself. He parked his motorcycle and made his way into the apartment building.

After looking through the Smithsonian exhibit dedicated to him, he went to visit Peggy again

After looking through the Smithsonian exhibit dedicated to him, he went to visit Peggy again. Afterwards, he went to check out one of Sam Wilson's VA meetings and got to catch up with him.

He figured visiting the Air Force veteran would get his mind off of the thoughts he had after his visit with his love, but that wasn't the case. He still thought about it...his son being out there somewhere.

Rogers didn't know if he was dead or alive...in the ground or as an old man taking a stroll down the park. It ate away at him not knowing, which was what he figured Peggy felt all those years wondering what came of her little boy.

Steve sighed as he walked down the hallway and made his way towards the door. He stumbled upon his neighbor, Kate, who was in her scrubs and carrying a load of laundry while on the phone.

"So sweet. That is so nice." She was speaking, and noticed Steve.

"Hi." He quietly greeted.

"I got to go, though. Okay. Bye." She hung up the phone and spoke to Steve. "My aunt, she's kind of an insomniac."

"Yeah." He replied. "Hey, if you want...if you want, you're welcome to use my machine. Might be cheaper than the one in the basement."

"Oh, yeah? What's it cost?"

"A cup of coffee?"

She smiled. "Thank you, but I already have a load in downstairs, and you really don't want my scrubs in your machine. I just finished a rotation in the infectious disease ward, so..."

He chuckled and raised his arms. "Well, I'll keep my distance."

"Hopefully, not too far." She said with a smirk, then turned to leave but bumped into somebody.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Y/N, in civilian clothes, apologized.

"It's fine." Kate chuckled. "It's fine." She then focused in for a moment on his face and looked at his eyes.

"Your eyes. They remind me of somebody I know."

"Uh, thanks. They are my favorite part of my head."

Steve rolled his eyes at his remark. A part of him was also annoyed that the girl he just asked on a coffee date seemed to be flirting with his coworker.

"I better get going." Kate bid the two farewell and left. Y/N put his hands in his jean pockets and looked at Rogers.

"So, that's the nurse Nat was talking about?" He asked.

Steve ignored his question. "What are you doing here?"

"Uh...for the drinks."

"What drinks?"