⇢ 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘪𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘺

JASPER SITWELL STORMED into the room and got the attention of the agents. On the big screen, Captain America's and Freedom Fighter's pictures and profiles were displayed.

"Eyes here." He shouted. "Whatever your op is, bury it. This is Level One. Contact DOT. All traffic lights in the district go red. Shut all runways at BWI, IAD and Reagan. All security cameras in the city go through this monitor right here. Scan all open sources, phones, computers, PDAs. Whatever. If someone tweets about these guys, I want to know about it."

Sharon Carter, aka Agent 13, wanted to understand the situation better.

"With all due respect, if S.H.I.E.L.D. is conducting a manhunt for the Sons of Liberty we deserve to know why." She stated, mentioning the name the duo were often referred by.

"Because they lied to us." A voice echoed in the room. Secretary Alexander Pierce walked in and received their attention.

He continued. "Captain Rogers and Agent L/N have information regarding the death of Director Fury. They refused to share it. As difficult as this is to accept, they are fugitives from S.H.I.E.L.D."

The agents were in disbelief, and Pierce let them carry on with their work. He left the room and a colleague walked up to him moments later.

"Mr. Secretary."

"Please tell me you located them." He spoke sternly.

"No, sir. It's bad news." He replied. "Rogers's suit was recovered from a school gym. Same goes for L/N's, discarded in an alley."

Pierce shook his head. Their suits were the only way they could've tracked them. The hunt for the two soldiers was going to be more difficult than he thought.

"Keep searching. Captain Rogers is a kill or detain order. As for L/N...try to keep him alive."

The agent nodded. "Yes, sir."

• • •

THE YOUNG SOLDIER leaned against the wall of the hospital hallway, wearing sunglasses and a Washington Wizards hat to go with a gray sweater and black pants. He also had his batons hidden under his top in his waistband.

Another man wearing a navy hoodie walked up and stood beside him, looking ahead and not giving eye contact.

"Captain

"Captain." Y/N muttered in greeting.

"Lieutenant."

"I see we find ourselves in a predicament."

"I'd say. They attacked you?"

"Yup. During questioning. You?"

"In the elevator."

Y/N nodded as he buried his hands into his sweater pockets.

"They wanted to know what Fury told me before he died."