⇢ 𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘢

Y/N AND BANNER TOOK the time to catch up while the Quinjet was en route to Wakanda. The doctor explained how he'd been stuck in his Hulk form for three years before reuniting with Thor on the planet Sakaar. He finished the story by detailing what happened when Thanos intercepted the Asgardians' ship.

"Jesus Christ." Y/N breathed out. Knowing that Bruce witnessed the killing of half the Asgardians brought shivers to his spine. "I'm sorry."

"It was straight genocide. I tried to kill him...but he was too strong. Hulk was nothing compared to him." Banner replied and dropped his head. "Now Thor's gone."

Y/N sighed, he didn't want to believe that Thor was dead. He didn't even properly say goodbye when he left back in 2015.

"They sent you back to Earth for a reason. Without you, we wouldn't have been prepared for this." The young super-soldier said.

Bruce nodded, his head still down. He looked back up and faced the soldier, wanting to lighten the mood. "Sorry I didn't bring you back any space rocks."

Y/N gave a light chuckle before Banner spoke again. "How has life treated you? Are you doing alright? Tony said the team broke up...like some band."

"After Sokovia, Clint and Tony retired so we formed a new team with the addition of Sam, Rhodes, Wanda, Pietro, and Vision.  Everything went well..."

He suddenly remembered the mission in Lithuania where Dreykov had him captured. He thought about explaining it to Banner...but saved it for another time.

"...until a mission in Lagos. That's when the government tried to get control of the Avengers. Steve and Tony disagreed, and now here we are."

Banner nodded and peered toward Natasha in the cockpit. He looked back at Y/N. "How are things between you and Nat?"

Y/N glanced over at the blonde. "Really great. Nat's the best, and she's...saved me many times. I thank God that I have her."

"I'm happy for you, Y/N. For you both in fact." Banner said with a smile. "I don't know about Hulk though, he had a thing for her."

The soldier chuckled and arched a brow. "Really?"

He nodded. "Luckily he's not wanting to get out. So you're safe...for now.

• • •

THE WAKANDANS STOOD by the landing pad outside of the tower. T'Challa was beside Okoye, who had her Dora Milaje warriors standing in formation behind her.

Once the jet landed, Y/N, Steve, and Natasha walked out of it. Bruce, Rhodey, Wanda, Pietro, Vision, and Sam followed close behind.

"Should we bow?" Bruce asked Rhodey as he fumbled with his coat

"Yeah, he's a king." He replied.