Ch 19

I meant to say that I was going first, but things didn’t go well. 

Reyhas’ golden eyes turned to me. 

“This will only take a moment.”

I gave up saying anything more and nodded with an uncomfortable expression, he then turned around. 

It wasn’t long before Reyhas left with the priest and I stared at his back for a long time.

I didn’t want to meet Reyhas, but how come I don’t want him to leave right now?

It’s probably because there’s a man much harder to deal with before me. He was one of the male leads, too.

“I think I should go back to the temple.” 

I told Cass right off the bat as soon as Reyhas was out of sight.

I felt bad leaving a guest, but I didn’t want to spend any more time here. But as soon as I was finished, a blue bird suddenly flew from somewhere and landed lightly on my shoulder. 

And I could tell it was the Blue Wing that I healed earlier. 

“Ah!”

When I recognized the Blue Wing, Cass opened his mouth as I considered stroking its torso,

“Do you know that bird?” 

After thinking for a moment, I nodded. Technically, I got to know this bird today.

Then I heard Cass’s voice,

“It’s a very well-trained bird that doesn’t go to anyone who’s not its owner. It’s amazing that you’re already acquainted with it.”

Cass’s words made me confused. 

“No way, this bird. Is it Marquis’ bird?” 

Cass replied with a dull look,

“Yes, I thought it was almost dead, by any chance did you save its life?”

I raised my brows at his nonchalant tone. I felt repulsed by his words. 

“I didn’t save it, but are you saying you almost abandoned a dying bird?” 

Unknowingly, words of criticism came out.

The heavy weight of the bird sitting on my shoulder was also the weight of life. 

As depicted in the novel, he was a man close to a highly socialized sociopath.

He was a man who judged and measured everything in the world through value alone and had no interest in the sentiments and suffering of others.

His ability to increase and expand value is a state of art, but he was severely devoid of emotion… he was a cold person. 

Sure, even this personality changed after meeting the heroine, but it was still a long time later.

“I’ve decided that I don’t need a dead bird.”

It was a gaze with little conscience. 

A moment of silence occurred and I spoke to Cass in a calm voice. He won’t understand anyway even if I try to blame him,

“If this ever happens again, kill it.” 

“What?”

I remembered the bird dying in a mess. Its eyes losing light and its pair of painfully broken wings. 

“It would have been better for the bird.” 

If I had been lucky to find it at that moment but could not use my divine power, it would have lost its breath already.