The beginnings are small 2

"Hey, Frank! Didn't see you for so long I thought that you are already gone!"

Every time I see Frank I can be relieved a little bit. In this place, you always need to keep your eyes open and watch your own back. Many people want you dead and even more, people want everything that you are left with. In this place, it is hard to find someone who you can trust.

When we first met I was the one down and he was a man who saved me out of trouble even if he didn't have to. Without any second thoughts, he came to me and saved me from certain death. Back then there was a group of dangerous people who robbed every new slave that was put inside. Those guys had one rule if you wanted to join them, you had to kill someone. Unfortunately back then I was the one who was selected as a victim of recruitment to their group.

Man, that looked much younger than me, he had long, brown and dirty hair covered in his own blood that was probably from beating he received himself. He was very aggressive and I was no opponent for someone like him. I tried my best to keep up and try to fight him but he threw me to the ground. He kept getting closer and my only thought was to cover my head. He used it to get on me and sit on my chest. Not long after he started to beat me without any hesitation. So many punches landed in my face, I don't even remember it correctly. My eyes started to blur... I saw blood in my eyes and the lighting from the ceiling made it look like this is my last moment.

Out of nowhere however someone grabbed the young man and threw him away. I couldn't see properly but he was a giant. Not sure how he kept his body in such a massive build in a place like this but he was like an aggressive dog. Fighting a whole group of 4 people all by himself and making them run away from me. After that, he stretched his hand in my direction and grabbed me. He pulled me up to the safer place where he treated my wounds and cleaned my eyes. After that, I could finally see the face of the man who just saved me from death itself.

"Frank... And you?" He asked with a calm voice that I didn't expect from him. His voice was deep and strong, but so peaceful that it helped me to calm down quickly.

"Michal" was All I was able to get out of me. After that, he showed me more stuff that I didn't know before. He showed me the secrets of this place and I learned that he is here from the beginning when they started to bring the first laborers here. He was the only one from the first batch who survived until now. And now he took me under his wings.

Many years have passed from there, it was back when I was new in this mine. -"So I know Frank almost for 3 years right now"- is the only thing that went through my head at that moment. We are divided into groups that are working at different places of the mine but today I and Frank are both appointed to the same place. What a great day it is. Day went by slowly as the guards were watching us over from the walls and towers.

"Do you think that the war will ever end?" Said Frank.

"Not so sure anymore, only if one of them will finally fall" All of the 3 powers are too strong at this exact moment and no of them will fall back from the war. Battles are inevitable and they will probably continue until one of them will disappear forever and the two that will stay will have to split or fight once again. I have heard that Europe and Asia are currently working together in a temporary alliance trying to take down America. Wonder if it is true but if it truly is, then maybe I will get out of this hole somehow. But that day is uncertain and I cannot rely on it. Because of that, I will never stop trying to survive.

"Hey! Hey you!". I can hear one of the guards shouting in the back. I look there and I see a common thing, someone is trying to run once again. What a poor attempt to try to run in the middle of the day with every eye of the guards on you. They don't need to keep those many of us anyway. If you try to run you are just giving them more reason to kill you.