Chapter 9

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoy the story! <33

{No one's pov}

Night had fallen upon New York City. If you were walking through the streets, you'd be able to feel the light breeze brush over you. It wasn't strong, just enough for you to be able to recognize that there was some wind at all.

In an alleyway just outside the Pandemonium, over the sound of cars and sirens that ran throughout the large city, you could hear the sound of heels clicking against the ground. A woman, walking slowly as if she knew she were being hunted.

The woman cautiously turned a corner before

SLAM!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Katelyn's pov}

We were all quickly walking through an alleyway, following Clary's lead when she suddenly gasped like she did in the training room. However before I could ask her what happened, she let out a scared breath.

"Dot... Dot!" And with that, the girl takes off running and the rest of us take off after her.

"Clary!" I shout, as the closest to her next to Jace.

"Clary stop! Where are you going?" The previously mentioned blond asks.

"Two men, Circle members, the same ones who came to my house, who took my mom. They have Dot." The girl rushes out, her breathing fast from the running. "They're gonna hurt her or kill her. We have to stop them!" She panics before dashing into the Pandemonium.

I sigh and hurriedly follow so I'm right beside her. I hold a chinese ring dagger in both of my hands, surveying our surroundings for any threats.

As we slow once more inside the empty club, Clary lets out a shaky breath. "No... She was just trying to help me." She turns to face the rest of the group, a hand on her necklace, "Now she's gone."

I bring my sister into a side hug for comfort and Simon puts a hand on her shoulder. I wasn't exactly close to Dot, but she was still part of our little family.

"Clary, I'm sorry." Simon consoles.

"You don't understand. Dot's like another sister to me."

"It's not safe here. We have to go back to the Institute right now."

"Seriously Alec? Let her breathe for a second." I retort, pushing him back a bit.

"So what now? Valentine has my mom and Dot, and we're just gonna give up?" Clary fires at the dark haired male as well. "What about my memories? They can't just be gone?"

Jace tilts his head slightly in consideration, "There is another option."

I furrow my eyebrows in thought before Alec and Izzy's responses confirm my suspicions.

"Don't even."

"Absolutely not."

"No way, blondie."

"I'm not afraid of the Silent Brothers."

"Who are the Silent Brothers?"

"They're Shadowhunters with superior powers," Jace answers the redhead.

"Who possess the ability to recover memories."

"Something that's dangerous Little Red." I beg with my eyes, telling her not to listen to the suggestion.