xvlii. you are in love

Aurora and Remus entered the Potters' house hours after she had invited him into her parents' house

Aurora and Remus entered the Potters' house hours after she had invited him into her parents' house. When the people inside the house had heard the door open and close, they all flocked to the doorway leading from the kitchen and into the hallway, heads peeping round.

It was as if they had all been talking about what to do when her and Remus entered the house as they all smiled at the same time. It would have been funny if it hadn't been incredibly creepy. "Um, hello." She pathetically waved at the cluster of heads.

Lily was the first to move towards them, giving Aurora a hug and smacking Remus around the head, calling him an idiot, before hugging him too. "Thank Merlin you're back. Maybe Remus will stop moping now."

"Moping, huh?" Aurora grinned up at the man beside her.

A blush started to creep on to Remus' face the longer he held her gaze. He cleared his throat and looked at his friends. "I wasn't moping."

"Hate to break it to you mate, but you were moping." James told him, not looking at all like he had hated telling his friend that he was moping. Aurora could only smile and grabbed Remus' hand, pulling him through into the kitchen.

"So, anything interesting happen in the past week?" Aurora asked the group once they were all settled around the table, Remus sitting next to her, arm resting on the back of her chair.

"I was just telling them how my boss was cranky all day because someone spilt coffee on them." Lois said, playfully glaring at her twin sister.

Aurora faked her shock. "How awful! But it must have been an accident, because I cannot tell you what someone would need to do for their drinks to be spilt on them deliberately. I do hope they got the stain removed though." She smiled innocently over the top of her glass of water, sipping it slowly. "Anything else?"

They ended up sitting at the table talking for what could have been hours, not having to quiet down so much since Harry was staying the night at the Weasley's. Eventually though, everyone started to head upstairs, leaving Remus and Aurora alone in the kitchen. "So..." She said, turning to face the man beside her. "You sleeping in my room tonight?" She wiggled her eyebrows up and down, unable to keep a straight face on.

Remus smiled softly at her, sending her stomach through a rollercoaster. "Only if you want me there." He answered her question seriously, reaching a hand out to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

When he moved his hand back, Aurora caught it and laced their fingers together. "I think we've been over this, Remus. I'm always going to want you near." She smiled back at him, hoping the simple action affected him as much as it did her. His eyes flickered down to her lips but quickly back to her eyes.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked.

Aurora didn't even wait to give him a response before she leaned forward to kiss him, her free hand moving to the back of his neck, nails gently scraping his skin. She could feel Remus start to smile, triggering hers in response. They parted slowly, her hand resting on his neck sliding to lay on his shoulder.