Chapter 22

"Oh, if it is not my niece Ryu Sora~ How's my brother doing?" Saebyul's father greeted Sora with a warm smile.

"My dad's doing fine, uncle." She smiled.

"Oh, Saebyul is in her room. She've been locking herself in her room lately. She didn't even open the door when I knock. Maybe you can go check on her." Her dad informed.

"Sure, uncle."

Sora went to Saebyul's room and saw Saebyul laying on the floor of her room soullessly. A sigh escaped Sora's lips.

"Girl, be productive will you?" She sat on Saebyul's bed.

"I don't wanna go to school anymore." Saebyul uttered in her monotone voice.

"Look, maybe the bet was real. But also maybe he gave up the bet because he likes you?" Sora shrugged and Saebyul quickly sit down on the floor.

"He would've been honest to me if he really like or even love me." Saebyul rolled her eyes, annoyed.

"But you told me he confessed to you."

"Because he wanted to win the bet."

"Saebyul.. Why don't you let him explain first? You can't just jump onto conclusions without-"

"Hansol said the same thing." Saebyul cut her off.

"Huh?"

"Hmm, maybe you're right.. Maybe I should let him explain first." She mumbled.

"That's my Saebyul! Let him explain first, okay?" Sora hugged Saebyul ever so tightly.

"Look at your phone, he spammed you with texts and you didn't even open them and read them! How are you even gonna let him explain?!" She scolded.

-

"Hey, Soonyoung.." Saebyul greeted.

"Hey, Saebyul. What's up?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure!"

"When you heard the boys.. Did you heard anything else? Aside about the bet?" She questioned. Soonyoung went silent for a split second.

"I think Wonwoo gave up the bet.. Don't you think?" She raised an eyebrow.

"You have to think, Saebyul. He gave up the bet? Are you sure? It's $5k, Saebyul. Even I will do anything to get that much money. Even you will do anything." Soonyoung shook his head.

"You're right but.."

"I heard them with my own ears, Saebyul. He is just using you. You are trapped because you believed him, you thought everything was real. But sadly no, he's just using you." Soonyoung rebuked.

'He's just using you.' The sentence keep echoing in Saebyul's mind.

"I'm sorry, I want to be alone now." And she walked away.

"Who should I believe. Sora? Soonyoung? Myself? Or Wonwoo?" She asked herself.

Saebyul went to the rooftop and decided to finally open Wonwoo's chats.

Saebyul, please let me explain
I like you Saebyul
Or maybe even love
I didn't mean to make things like this
Please at least answer me
Saebyul please read my texts
I'm sorry for hurting you

That's all she could read, she couldn't read any further the moment when her tears started falling like streaming waterfalls. All the memories of her and Wonwoo came into her mind, like a movie.