Horrific Past 😢

*Trigger warning: This chapter contains non-consensual sexual abuse*

❤Please VOTE & COMMENT❤

After the scan, Jace sat in the office waiting for the doctor, his six-month-old daughter sitting on his lap and looking at her surroundings in curiosity. He was worried when he was told that the doctor wanted to have a few words with him about his son, Alexander's condition.

The doctor entered and sat down opening the file before him. "Mr. Norman, it seems that Alex isn't responding to the treatments" He informed regretfully, causing Jace to straighten up in his chair instantly.

"What do you mean by not responding to the treatment, doctor? I thought you said he'll be able to walk within the next few months" Jace's voice was filled with worry and concern.

"Yes, Mr. Norman, that's what we initially assumed but even after all these months, his condition hasn't improved and in fact it had actually worsened a little"

Jace's heart broke at the doctor's words. "Oh my God, wh...what do we do, doctor?"

"There's a doctor in New York who specializes in these type of cases and I feel it would be best if Alex gets his treatment there. I will give you his assistant's number so you can call and make an appointment" The doctor said, writing down the information on a piece of paper and handing it to Jace.

"Thank you, sir. Are you sure this doctor will be able to help cure Alex because I can't live with myself if something happens to him" Jace's voice cracked at the end.

The doctor gave him a soft, reassuring smile. "Don't worry, Jace, Alex will be alright"

Jace nodded his head and returned the smile. "When should I bring Ruby for her vaccine shot, sir?" He inquired further, bouncing his daughter on his knee as she started to get fussy.

"Sometime next week will do, Mr. Norman. Just make an appointment with my assistant"

"Okay sir, thank you" Cradling Ruby in his arms, Jace got to his feet and turned to leave when the doctor called him. "Jace?"

"Yes, sir?" Jace turned around to look at the doctor looking back at him with a warm smile.

"You're doing a good job with the little ones. Your parents will be proud of you, son" The doctor said.

At the mention of his parents, tears pooled in his eyes as he managed a smile and thanked the doctor. He left the doctor's office and went to the sitting area, where his children were waiting for him.

He dropped them off at his aunt's house and went to visit his parents' grave. Walking in, he knelt down right between the two tombstones, tears brimming his eyes as he ran his hand over the names inscribed on the tombstones.

He felt like he had the best and the worst luck in the world. He finally got to be a part of a loving and caring family, something he had dreamt of his whole life, but one tragic accident made him lose all of them. If it wasn't for his kids, he would've gone back to being an orphan once again.