Chapter 35

It's the next day and it's third period.

"So students, before I leave. I'd like to announce something, people of the ones who are in clubs have to take part in the academy's show. It's only held on certain years and there will be judges. It can be singing, dancing or even a play. Anyway, it's hosted for your parents so call them and tell them to attend. Class dismissed."

I've never participated in a play... what am I supposed to do.

Charlotte stresses out but tries to hide it . Although her anxiety levels shot through the roof.

Next was mana class, the fourth and final period of the day. It was Professor Hailey who was teaching them again this year.

"Greetings students, I hope you all enjoyed your time in summer break. We are back into business, this year I will be teaching you all how to use healing, water and air energy."

All the students look hyped as Charlotte has already taught them how to use all the main mana energies. Charlotte just let out a smirk.

Professor Hailey hasn't said anything yet but all the students showed their skills one by one. Healing energy produces green particles, some create different water spirits and small swirling winds appear floating on their hands. Professor Hailey was very impressed.

"Woah, I see all of you have been studying in the past few months?"

"Nope." Some said in unison.

"Actually, we been taught this awhile ago in our first semester by Charlotte." A person spoke up.

"Ah I see. Well, every one of you will have to show me how good your skills are."

Charlotte looked like a proud mother, truly a great mentor. Professor Hailey tested the students and was stunned by the results, they once again impressed her. An hour goes by and class is dismissed.

When Charlotte was heading for lunch, a lot of talk goes on.

"I wonder how Charlotte will pull this off."

"She'll win first place, wanna place a bet?"

"She'll obviously impress everyone."

Charlotte just went to her seat and ate quietly, trying to keep her cool. Even if she was a god she used to have extreme anxiety attacks, she was nervous and always wanted to reach everyone's expectations. She has succeeded till now but then again a show is something she has never done, what can she even do at this show? What if she messes up?

She hurriedly sprints to one of the more faraway trees and sits under the shade. She huddled and kept pressuring herself, even though the student council is technically not a club they still would probably have to participate. Nothing less from Charlotte is what they would always say.

Charlotte's heart was beating really fast, a figure came up from a distance. Ain saw Charlotte from a distance and went up to her as he was curious what she was doing all alone under such lone tree.

"What's wrong."

Charlotte just looked Ain anxiously, her eyes were teary.

"You know, I'm always exceeding everyone's expectations. I don't even know what we will do at the play nor do I have any experience and it worries me. What if people start thinking that I'm just a joke that only is good at sword fighting and controlling mana. It's just really frustrating when I can't reach people's peaking point."

"Why do you think that? You've touched the souls of so many people. Why would they look down on you when you have proven to them that your already standing above way more levels than them. If they look down on you just because you don't manage to win this show means that they're just foolish. Sometimes you just have to drop your guard so your heart can breathe."

Tears start running down her face, she didn't even notice. Ain embraces Charlotte in her arm, just giving her enough room to breathe. Tears flowing down rapidly, her true side was showing. Slowly opening up again.

Charlotte clears up her face and make her blood vessels that service the glands dilate disappear. There was no more redness on her face.

"Sorry for wetting your shirt." Charlotte apologised embarrassed.

"It's nothing." Come on, we're supposed to head to the student council room now and discuss our show plans."

"Alright."

-

The two arrive at the student council, Huston was sitting with his legs above the desk.

"The head mistress stopped by earlier and asked me what Charlotte was good at and I said the harp. She gave me a script and can I just call dibs on the side character." Huston says.

"Well it depends what the script is first though." Charlotte responded.

"Eh.." Huston hands over the script to Charlotte and Ain looked from above her shoulder to read too.

"The Harpist and the singer. Description: The play where Angel is the female lead and Lucas is male lead. Leo is a side character who is also Angel's follower. Angel plays the harp beautifully and touches the hearts of many. She was a glorious harpist who had excellent skills. One day when she was practicing, a soft voice came out of nowhere matching her song beautifully. It was a duo made in heaven. The soft voice turned out to be from a beautiful man and his name was Lucas. They performed a duet on stage and have a connection with each other. They both have a kiss to end the performance. A KISS?" Charlotte and Ain were both surprised.

"Yeah. Well I'm playing Leo." Huston says.

"Throwing us under the bus like that man."

"It can't be helped, you're the only female in our group so you would have to kiss either one of us anyway."

Charlotte sulks and couldn't deny the fact that what Huston said was right.

"Shall we rehearse? First of all, we need to discuss about what song Charlotte should play." Ain says.

Huston takes a harp from his back and gives it to Charlotte. "The head mistress also gave me this."

Charlotte chooses her favourite song that she would play for Ezekiel when they were in the god realm.

Ain attempts to match the melody and create lyrics of it. They made some touches and the song came out beautifully.

"Let's continue tomorrow after school."

"Alright. Let's head to eat now. Im starving."

The three went to the cafeteria.