8 || the liar

Dex watched as the girl in front of him collapsed to the ground, "Dex do something!" Ruy shouted to him, but he didn't know what to do.

It struck him as odd that the girl asked if there was limbium inside the serum, there was only one person recorded in history to be allergic to limbium, and that was Sophie Foster. The girl didn't look like Sophie, with her chestnut hair and cerulean blue eyes, but she was buying things from his father's shop.

She even had similar scars to the one Sophie did--well they weren't scars at the time, they were fresh cuts, burns and lacerations down her everywhere.

There must have been a reason not to return to them, she couldn't just pretend that she was dead for six years and not miss them. There has to be a reason for all of this, why she didn't seek them out, tell them she was alive. A reason she joined an evil organization ruining the lives of the elves in the Lost Cities.

"There was no limbium in the serum," He muttered, "Ever since the incident I never put limbium in anything. This was a targeted attack, they want to shut her up." He mused. Stars, was the kind of sick group she wanted to work for?

"Well then you better tell me what in the stars just happened, because I have an unconscious girl in my arms who may or may not be dying." He carefully took the girl--who may or may not be Sophie--and rushed her to his lab. "Stars, Dex, how do we explain this to the Council?"

"Just say that the Black Swan sent one of their own to torture the girl and make sure she didn't give up anything important. When we came in she was unconscious and all bloody, so we didn't use the truth serum." Then he left.

He couldn't bring her to anyone, there was a reason she didn't make herself known. Sophie always had a reason for everything, this was no difference.

He still remembered how to make the remedy, he set her down on a cot--she was heating up. He needed Marella, but after he gave her the remedy.

After several tries he got it right, he grabbed her right hand and gasped when he already saw a scar from a needle in the center, this has happened before. She immediately looked better, but not by much. He needed to get to Marella fast, he didn't care if he got caught as he ran through Candleshade where anyone could see him with the girl in his arms.

He made it to Marella's joint healing center with Elwin and thanked the gods that the older physician was out. Marella finally saw him and screeched, "What in Ayden's--," The God of Fire, "--name happened?!" She demanded, though he was sure millions of reasons were cycling in her head, "It was Lloyd," She breathed, he was the commander of the man who went into Sophie's cell last night, "That sly...that's why he was so helpful, he gained our trust. He also disappeared, there was no trace of him this morning."

That was a good guess, Dex thought, "Possibly, she's heated up, probably got infected by the blade that made these lacerations. I gave her a remedy that closed her wounds and took away some scars, but gods." He ran a hand down his face as Marella felt her forehead.

"Stars, you're right, we need to get her in ice cold water right now!" Marella basically burnt off Sophie's clothes and both of them gasped. The scars were much worse than Dex thought they were, she had an ugly scar down the side of her neck, burn marks literally everywhere, slashes down her thighs, and whip markings on her back. But what scared him the most was the big words written on her abdomen, FORSAKEN.

Dex was trapped in those ten days again, those memories of hearing Sophie scream and not being able to do anything to help her.

Dex followed her out the room, he looked both ways to see where she'd gone, but Keefe rushed up to him, his eyes looking a little bit wild, "Keefe? What--,"