Chapter 58: The Summit

Hiking route above

Trigger warning: This chapter contains body image and self esteem issues.

Amelia Black

"I really think it's a good idea. We'll double date all the time."

"Amelia, no." Adam states.

It's the next morning. He woke me up at six in the morning to go hiking with his friends. He wants me to see their dynamic so I can be reassured by the way things are with him and Giselle.

I don't think whatever he thinks will happen today will change my mind. I know Giselle just like me, is in love with him but he doesn't. He believes they're just friends.

The only reason I agreed to come is so he doesn't think I'm crazy. I've become obsessed with him and the thought of him with another woman makes me hot under the collar.

Giselle came with one of her girlfriends, Elise. Serena and Rafael couldn't make it so there's just ma, Adam, Nick, Nathan, Brie and Greg.

I met Greg in New York and unlike the rest of Adam's friends, him and I didn't really hit it off but he seems pretty tight with Giselle.

We also have two guys from Adam's security following us behind.

"Why are you being mean?" I'm trying to get him to set Nicole up with Chase but he is against the idea.

"You don't like it?" He teases with a grin.

I glare at my beautiful husband. "Fine, if this about Chase, I will find her someone else."

"That's not the case and you know it." He points. "You have to stop meddling in your friend's relationship."

"But they're bad for each other. Their relationship was so toxic. I don't want to go through that again!" I exclaim.

He chuckles, rubbing my knuckles with his thumb. "Sweetheart. It's not about you."

I pull my hand from him in annoyance. "But I was always put in the middle!"

He stops and sighs. "Does Nicole want to be with Julian?"

"I think so. I know they're talking."

"Then stay out of it."

I know their relationship was years ago. However, if they had truly grown up they will stop playing around and make things official but this is what they do. The mixed signals, the grand gestures but then the next thing you know, one of them is in another person's bed and it will drive the other mad.

"But I-"

"Stop. Look how you're stressing yourself out. You should stay out of it." He says sternly. "You can't solve everybody's problem, especially if they're not asking you too." He adds.

"Fine." I agree because he's right.

"I told you to wear a jacket." I hear Nathan tell Brie.

"It's not like I even wanted to be here." She says.

"I'm done. I can't go any further."

"We're almost there, babe."

"No, Nathan!" She snaps.

He stares at her, frowning then he gives in, "Okay. Do you want to go home?"

Brie shakes her head. "Finish your hike. I'll wait here."

"I don't want to leave you all by yourself, Brianna."

"I will be fine." She says.

"No. Let's go home."