⑪ No body, no crime

But I ain't lettin' up until the day I die

(Y/n) Stark

   She takes us to her hideout. Sure she helped us out of there, but I still can't trust her. So I have my knife at the ready in my pocket when we come inside.

   Peter lost some blood. Shuri gives him saline and some bandages, she offers one for my bruises too, but since every time they healed I always get cuts again, so I'll just leave it the way it is.

   "How are you feeling?"

   "Hurt," Peter says with his eyes close, grabbing my hands tight. Sweats and blood all over him.

   "I have to talk to her, you get some rest alright?"

   "Don't go anywhere... Wake me up if anything..." He cannot finishes his sentence before passing out. I sigh to myself and slowly letting go of his grip.

I'm not sure how I feel about him. Not in the way I can put it into words at least. He might just be someone to cling onto now that I am on my own, or maybe that kiss could really heal me. My demon and angel are fighting over my shoulders.

One thing's for sure. I don't understand love, and I as hell sure I don't deserve to be loved.

   I turn back to Shuri, letting that thought slips, sitting at the table right across from her.

   "Drinks?" She asks.

   "If it's whiskey." I say.

   She pours drinks for the two of us, I watch her drinking it first, to make sure the whiskey is not poisoned. Can't help being too paranoid when you kill people for a hobby.

   Before I get to ask any questions, Shuri says first. "We're so much alike in a way, that's why I went out of my way to help you tonight."

   "Alike you say?"

   She doesn't have that insane look in her eyes, at least not as much as mine in the past few years. But she seems smart, I don't know if that's good or bad for me.

   "When I was twelve my father sent me to a psychiatrist. I killed one of the gardeners that cut my roses before it is fully grown, other than that he's a decent man."

   "I get that," I remember fadedly about wanting to poke a drill into my father's eyes once when he told me to not touch it.

   "One night Loki breaks in and says it isn't safe, and that I'd do much better than in an asylum with him. So I was taught to kill, to listen to his codes, just like you."

   "He never mentioned there being anyone else he taught."

   "Not to me neither. Not until I found out on my own, more than I wanted to know actually. (Y/n), you've been taught to only hunt bad folks right?"

I'm just going to leave the part where I accidentally killed the wrong guy out of the conversation. "Aren't we all?"

"We aren't." Shuri shakes her face with an empathic smile.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Tell me (Y/n), how do you pick your victims."

I drink more. "Well, sometimes on the news. Sometimes, someone, I sense the same kind of thirst for killing as me. I track them down, get rid of the body."