11 ~ Worrying

Alessandro

Milla? Milla?

I keep shouting and calling her but she isn't answering me. Where am I?

"Boss!" I opened my eyes recognizing one of the men's voices.

I look around the light blue room. It was VIP's hospital room. What the hell was I doing at the hospital?

"What happened?" I spoke when I realized how sore my throat was.

"Rodrigo's man shot you. You lost lots of blood." I tried to rethink back when I remembered everything clearly.

I was at the meeting with Rodrigo. I was busy signing the papers as I hadn't realized that one of his men was aiming at me from afar. From then, I don't remember much except being dizzy.

"What did the doctors say?" I asked.

"You are going to heal, but no hard work. He said that you will need to stay for a few more days here." I frowned and pulled the IV out of my arm. I didn't need to stay here.

"Sir, the doctor..." I shushed him with the raise of my hand as I got up from the bed. I opened the door and just when I stepped out I heard a familiar voice.

When I looked up, I saw my girl talking with an older doctor. She hasn't noticed me. Shit.

I closed the door and got back in the bed as Leo (the guard) looked at me weirdly.

I needed to pretend that I was sick. The door opened and I coughed. Fake, but it sounded real.

"He will need to stay here for a few more days. Procedures." I heard the doctor say to Milla. She looked so beautiful as I haven't seen her for a few days. She was glowing.

"The patient is awake." The doctor said as I sent him a weak smile. Milla looked at me and hurried to my side. There was this satisfaction when she took my hand gently.

"Are you alright? Do you need something?" I shook my head and caressed her hand with my thumb. I don't remember them being this soft.

"Well, the patient seems alright. I will send a nurse in." The doctor said when he noticed.

"Who took your IV out, Mr. Manchini?" He asked.

"I did. It was itching." I lied.

"Hmm, you shouldn't have done that. The nurse will fix it." He said, looking at me suspiciously.

I motioned Leo to get out as he nodded and left the room immediately after the doctor.

"Mills, am I dreaming?" I asked her. My hand moved to her face, tucking her soft hair behind her ear. She was so beautiful.

"No, you don't. I'm here. I will always be here from now on." She said.

"Why?" I asked. She looked at me as I was the most stupid person ever.

"Because I forgive you for not telling me about your real life. And I love you." I pulled her in for a long-awaited kiss. Her lips tasted like cherry, probably from her lip balm.

"But...I will need you, too, to forgive me for lying about my age. I'm really embarrassed about it." She blushed.

"I know you did it to help your parents and I knew since the very beginning. I just wanted to see how far would you go, but I ended up falling in love with you." I admitted.

"I read your letter. It made me realize that all the doubts about this relationship, were ridiculous. If you love the person, you will do everything for him or her. And I can't live without you, Sandro." She said, placing a kiss on my forehand.

"I hope you will have far better vows on our wedding than this," I said. She looked as if she saw a ghost.

"You want to marry me?" She asked.

"Well yes, but not yet. When we are both ready. I love you enough to spend the rest of my life with you. I promise to marry you one day, Milla." I said.

"You sound like a middle schooler." She laughed. My face fell. I talked out my thoughts very nicely, and she thinks I sound like a middle schooler? Well, my talk went to waste.

"It was cute though." She said.

"Really?"

"Yes, love."

"Thank you for worrying about me."

A/N

Sorry for lacking updates. Enjoy this one. Thank you for voting and commenting.