45. a walk around hogsmeade

THE AFTERMATH of Sirius cheating on Betty was filled with negative effects

Betty was a mess, but she tried her hardest to make people think that she wasn't. The attention the school was giving Inez had now been placed on Betty, who was handling it worse than Inez was.

The same night she found out, she had returned at 2 am drunk and been met by Claudia.

And to say that comforting her was difficult would be an understatement. She refused to be hugged, refused to be touched. She even refused to look Claudia in the eyes.

Claudia had to simply give up and go to bed, hoping that things would be better the next day.

But, they weren't.

Betty was distant. She didn't say much, and she had been out at night doing god knows what three out of the five passing days. And after that, she would return looking slightly disheveled, lovebites often apparent on her skin.

But her friends decided to let it be and not ask her about it. It was natural in ways, since Inez had been doing the same when things were terrible for her. Even though it was harder for some than others, they had to just accept that Betty was hurting and simple one-night stands wouldn't make matters much worse.

Or at least, that's what they thought.

And when it came to Sirius, things weren't much better. He didn't speak much either, and he didn't join in on the pranks the Marauders pulled. The difference here was that Sirius didn't even look in the direction of girls, with the exception of Betty and Claudia.

Why Claudia you may ask?

Well, after Betty had disappeared and Inez and Pandora ran to try to find her, Claudia had yelled at Sirius for the first time.

And it scared her to death, because she didn't feel like herself when she did so. She felt like her father.

But, nonetheless, she had yelled.

And, she had also repeatedly hit him with a book that Remus had given her almost a little too enthusiastically just so he would suffer a little bit.

Sirius was one of his best friends, but that didn't mean that he wouldn't help his girl let Sirius face the actions of his consequences. Remus belivied that Sirius deserved it, and he had no obligations against being Claudia's partner in crime when it came to that.

So, Sirius ended up missing two girls instead of just one. Claudia ignored them all, despite the fact that the only one she despised was Sirius.