the end?

"Alphys--?" The Sans continued walking into the house, reliving Error's memory. He grabbed dusty furniture and gritted his teeth, muttering something about getting revenge after the kid turned everyone to dust. In the darkened room, Error could see a faint blue glow coming from Sans's left eye.

"Hey! Dirty glitches don't get pillow privileges!" Error stringed a throw pillow that Sans was examining and added it to his collection on the ceiling. Error went silent with trying to find words to say when his past self looked him in the eye. Sans simply looked at Error confused and continued asking for the royal scientist. He began frantically pounding on the bathroom door, and through the wood, Error could hear Chevron shriek like a little girl.

"Alphys! I need the determination that we extracted from the human souls! I can bring everyone back! I can make the kid pay for what they did and undo it!"

"What are you talking about, Error?!" Chevron demanded through the door. "I don't know anything about those determination experiments you guys did! But no, you can't have any of my soul collection." The lock unlatched and Chevron swung the door open, rubbing tired out of his eyes. "Jeez, do you want me to not bother you while sleeping, or do you want to keep talking to me?"

"what are you doing here?" Sans demanded, his tone lower and more serious. His eye was sulfur-burning blue and yellow, and he had a gaster blaster pointed right at Chevron.

Chevron went white as a sheet.

"don't you have a world to reset? aren't you gonna bring back my friends?" Sans growled, firing the blaster right through Chevron's chest. When Chevron crashed against the medicine cabinet, Sans didn't wait for his retaliation and stabbed him through with bones.

Chevron saw his overextended life flash before his eyes and a part of his amalgamated soul shattered into a million pieces. Sans reached over and grabbed the pieces, his eye becoming a red and white color. Chevron rolled onto his side and coughed, making a terrible hacking sound.

Error just calmly watched in the background, though he was startled with yet another younger Chevron--Frisk--came running into the house. They were brandishing a knife and swung it at Sans, slicing him right down his chest. Sans fell to his knees as blood dripped from his person onto the floor, but he didn't dust. Instead, he chuckled.

"under different circumstances, i would make some terrific pun. but this time, the joke's on you, kid."

That's when the real fight began. Sans vs Frisk, just like it had been in the glory days. Sans' eye glowed an angry red and his forehead was absolutely dripping with sweat as he summoned his blasting weapon of choice, firing them almost nonstop at Frisk.

Frisk was quick to dodge, but not quick enough. Surprisingly, they weren't quite as fast as a magical beam of pain... huh. It seemed like Sans was going to win this fight, finally, though his right eye was beginning to melt in on itself. White, glitched-out boxes began spawning to cover up the horrific sight, but Sans didn't stop.

"wanna know why i'm going to win this fight?" Sans asked, breathing heavily. "im finally more determined than you. when i kill you, i'll go to the save screen, and reset everything, then i'll be able to bring back papyrus, i'll be able to bring back everyone!"

His attacks were flawless and he almost ended Frisk's life for the last time, when he was suddenly shot through the head with a red bone. The Sans began clawing ferociously at Error before it melted into a pile of goo. Error just kicked the remains before dealing the same fate to the Frisk, who melted all over the new carpet.

Chevron, though fatally wounded, had watched the entire fight and mustered enough strength to sit up against the bathroom sink and stared in amazement at the sight before him. He groaned painfully as he reached into his pocket for a bandage, but he healed himself enough so it didn't hurt to breath.

"What was that..?" Chevron asked. He had an idea of what it was, but was terrified of what the implications were if it was true.

Error's face was blank, but he still looked at Chevron. "That... was a memory I forgot I had."

That's what Chevron was afraid of.