[Chapter 33: Evening Outbreaks]

"QUIT IT!!" You fiercely shouted, trying your best to defuse the present situation and put an end to their pointless fighting.

"Why should I?" Pennywise retorted with a scornful laugh - immediately growing defensive. "He was the little shit that started this in the first—!"

"I. Don't. Care!" Rolling your eyes, you faced them both and interrupted his childish complaint - taking a deep breath before carrying on. "You still shouldn't have shoved him, Penny. There was NO need for that."

"You've GOT to be kidding me." Pennywise replied resentfully, throwing Hannibal an icy glare whilst he flickered between his dark form and his clownish one.

"I wouldn't waste my time trying to reason with him, (Y/n) dearest." Hannibal joined in with a condescending smile, moving closer to you and running his fingers through your hair lovingly. "He's hopeless."

"I will END you—"
"Hannibal." You sternly spoke, stopping both slashers from speaking a second time. "Penny ISN'T hopeless. You're trying to provoke him on purpose. I'm not blind, you know."

"Of course you're not." The psychiatrist responded pleasantly, holding your right hand with his left one and giving it a soft squeeze. "I was merely stating that there's no need to associate yourself with him just because of a simple agreement. The others and I can always just—"

"That's IT—" Pennywise snapped furiously, lunging straight at Hannibal and tackling him towards the front of the front-door's floor. "I should've killed you the moment I saw you down in the sewers."

"Funny, I thought the exact same thing." Hannibal told the clown with a slight smirk, not concerned by the act of violence whatsoever.

"Penny, stop! Please, please stop!" You anxiously exclaimed, rushing to his side and shaking it in distress. "He's doing it intentionally. You know that, right?"

"So?" Materialising a knife into his hand, Pennywise grinned darkly - obsessed with putting an end to the psychiatrist as he held the weapon high up in the air. "And I'm supposed to care, because...?"

"Because then you're giving him exactly what he wants." You desperately pointed out, grasping at random straws while you attempted to calm down the current conflict.

"Why do you even care...?" Penny questioned quizzically, his darker side dying down as he frowned in confusion. After all, this had been between him and the stuck-up psychiatrist. You hadn't been included.

"That better be a trick question." Sarcasm trickled throughout your tone whilst you answered him - sighing before helping the clown back to his feet.

"I just don't get it." Pennywise sharply retaliated; vanishing and returning near your side instead of accepting your help. "What IS it with you...?"

"What are you talking about...?" You asked tiredly - bewildered by what on Earth Pennywise meant by that question.

"I messed with your mood. I messed with your mind. I messed with your friendships. I tried to drive you insane. I tried to create fear." The clown mentioned in a frustrated fashion; staring at you with nothing but the utmost of anger. "But nothing...nothing's worked."