Chapter 19

As another day unravelled with soft morning light casting shadows in Billie's home, adorable quiet snores coming from the women herself was circulating in the room. Cordelia had plucked herself out from camping the night in the other woman's couch, had an early shower to wash off the trace from last night.

In the lobby, Cindy stood next to the front desk, from incessant tapping of her foot on the floor to the frequent glance on her watch the girl was becoming more impatient.

For the sixth time over the last ten minutes, the lady in charge at the front desk ringed Billie, "This isn't necessary, really. I'm her assistant. I've been here and the last time it wasn't this strict."

"I am truly sorry for the inconvenience Ma'am but we're just following the protocol. One of our tenant, was robbed last week and due to that, we needed to be more thorough on who gets into the building."

Shortly after that, (y/n) arrived, "Hey there Susan, good morning." The girl chimed with a petty perky tone.

"Likewise, Ma'am." The lady briefly smiled. "Oh hey, Cindy." She said upon noticing the redhead.

"Looks like we're going to be stuck together for some time." Cindy muttered,

"Why?"

"Mrs Howard's not answering the call. I can't get in without her permission."

"That's a bummer." She made a sorry face. "I'll wake her up then." With an open mouth, Cindy watched (y/n) stroll away with two coffee in hand heading to the elevator.

"How come she doesn't get to wait like I do?"

"Mrs Howard gave her the privilege."

"Huh." Cindy sighed, pouting her lips in annoyance.

Inside the apartment, she was welcomed by Cordelia who was getting started with breakfast in Billie's kitchen. "Hey, I got you coffee."

"You're sweet, thank you." Cordelia reached out to grab one from (y/n). "She's not up yet is she? Her assistant is in the lobby looks like she's going to throw a tantrum very soon." Laughing lightly the woman shook her head and pointed at Billie's bedroom.

Cordelia resumed her work behind the counter, "I'm cooking. How well you like your egg cooked?"

"Scramble is good for me."

"Okay then."

"Thanks... uh, I'll go wake her up." The door was ajar, her eyes quickly finding the woman on her bed rolled up to her side, a wrong turn would send her to the floor. The bed was a mess, and pillows reached the bottom of the bed and one somehow ended up on the floor. "Howard, get up!" she commanded but there was no response, she then walked over to the blinds over the tall windows, opening them widely so more lights could come through and would possibly wake the woman.

And it successfully did within seconds, groaning Billie rolled, luckily she didn't roll to the edge, mapping the bed blindly with one hand until she came in contact with the soft material of her pillow she took it and cover her head, "Don't be a child!" (y/n) laughed at Billie's action. Several attempts later, she had herself spooning the woman, but not intimately, she was pestering her.

Billie tightly held onto the pillow over her head, "Fifteen minutes more!" she begged groaning and fighting the younger woman from taking her pillow.

"You're a grown ass woman! You have work to do, you don't get to indulge yourself with another fifteen minutes of sleep while Cindy is down in the lobby ready to kill Susan for holding her hostage! Now get up!" and that earned a chuckle from Billie, "What's funny? Why are you laughing?"