𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 9

"So your mom is skipping the ball?" Amyra asks with a clearly confused face

"Shocker right?" I mumble as I slip my heels on. I take a look at the mirror, admiring my dress.  The off-white dress, flowed down my body stopping at my ankle,  the spaghetti straps lay over my shoulders, I pass my hand over the gold, leaf-like patterns that flowed through the dress. 

"Can we go shopping tomorrow? I have a date with Liam," she mumbles and I quickly turn to her. 

"Oh My God. Myra, we haven't stalked the shit out the guy and you wanna go on a date with him?" I smack her arm. 

"Shut up. We're not stalking this one!" I pout with disappointment. 

"Remember the French model?" she points out the worst case of our stalking series. 

"Yuck.  Don't bring that up."  I scowl. 

"Can we leave now?" she asks, she always enjoyed these events, unlike me. 

"Yeah, let's hope we don't run into any French models." I sigh. 

She rolls her eyes. 

I walk around my apartment, taking the lights off and locking my doors.

"Let's go." We walk into the empty elevator. 

"Let's take a picture, my public says I'm not as active on my socials as I used to be." she rolls her eyes, Myra loves rolling her eyes. 

She pulls out her phone, taking a quick video of us, then posts it on her Instagram story, tagging. 

The elevator stops and we exit into the crowded lobby.  Flashes of light and chattering fills the air, the paparazzi. 

Oh God. 

"Should I throw my shoe at them again?" Myra mumbles as we walk to the doors. I laugh giving her the 'Don't you dare'  look. She actually threw her shoe at the paparazzi once, in two days, Jace bought it off eBay. 

The glass doors are pushed open, as we step out into the chilly, night air, the city lights lighting up the streets, the cars passing on almost everystreet. God, I loved this city. 

Flashes of light, almost blind us as we walk towards the limo. 

"Who are you wearing tonight Sophia?" 

"Amyra, are you dating anyone at the moment?" 

"Sophia, you were spotted with Axton today? Are you two together?"  My mind immediately goes back to Axton and I at lunch today, I spent the rest of the day with the memory in my mind, I couldn't stop thinking about him. 

"Are you two happy for Axton?"  

"We're very happy for him and Piper, can't wait for the wedding!" I say as Amyra grabs my hand, pulling me closer to her. I don't get why they don't answer them, after all this is their job, they probably get less money for every unanswered question.