⇢ 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

AFTER DEALING WITH John Walker, the four's new priority was to apprehend Karli Morgenthau. Unfortunately, she escaped after their encounter and was in the wind.

Y/N, Sam, Nat, and Bucky were in their civilian clothing and out of their suits. Sam started to speak to his colleagues about the situation they were in.

"The GRC is conducting raids to try and find Karli, but so far they've only found her followers. They've searched this camp, and just like the last camp, nothing. She's gone. We'll never find her."

Bucky simply stared at the shield that lay on the table, not listening to what he had to say. Y/N had his arms crossed as he stood beside Natasha.

Joaquin Torres came into the room and gave each of them a smile. He then turned to Bucky. "Hey, you got your sleeve back."

Bucky rolled his eyes and made his way toward the exit. Y/N looked at him and called out.

"Are you off to take care of Zemo?"

Bucky turned around and stared at Y/N for a moment. He didn't reply and walked out of the room.

"Someone's in a grumpy mood." Natasha remarked. "Not surprising though."

"Good to know you guys survived." Joaquin said before looking at the redhead.

"Uh, hi! It's nice to meet you, Miss Romanoff." He greeted before correcting himself. "I mean, Mrs. Romanoff...I mean...Carter?"

She chuckled softly. "Romanoff-Carter. But either one is fine with me."

"What's our next steps, Torres?" Sam asked the young soldier after the awkward greeting.

"Captain America killing a foreign national in public, it's kinda like a big deal. Like international incident big. Folks, uh, higher up on the payroll are all over it now. So, unfortunately—"

Y/N sighed. "They're taking jurisdiction."

"Yeah."

Joaquin walked over to the table and noticed Sam's duffel bag that contained his broken Falcon wings.

"What happened to these?" He asked.

"The bird's not gonna be able to fly again anytime soon." Y/N joked, which garnered an eye roll by Sam and a hit to the arm by Natasha. "Ow."

"So is there anything we can do?" Sam asked Torres about the Flag-Smasher situation.

"Not really. As you can see, they've cordoned off the whole camp, and Karli's a ghost. After what went down, she is laying extra low. Like, under-underground."

Y/N walked up to the two and joined the conversation. "And that's why it makes sense for us to get involved. The longer we let her regroup, the harder it's gonna be to find her."

"She's got people helping her all over the world, on all platforms." He replied.

"She's pretty good at this thing." Natasha chimed in as she went up to them.

"Yeah." Sam breathed out.

"All we can do now is sit tight and just chill. Sometimes, there's nothing to do until there's something to do." Torres told them.