Chapter 6 - Desires

It was a cold September night. With the sudden regaining of her memories from previous life, Aoi didn't know the burden she would have to face. Bits and pieces of her past life were making their way through the cheerful girl's heart.

She didn't mind it as much in the beginning. Like the time when she was daydreaming in class and the teacher asked her a question hoping to humiliate her. But she got it correct without even thinking about it. The teacher not believing her, started asking a ton of different questions but Aoi just kept on getting everything right nonchalantly.

Everyone was shocked, especially her friend Sakura but she shrugged it off saying that she read everything the previous night because she was bored. Of course Sakura did not believe that lameass excuse but since Aoi did not want to say anything, she didn't pry further.

Something had started bothering Aoi that she couldn't keep her focus. She felt restless. 

The urge to feel nicotine was getting out of hand. 'No.. I don't want this.. I don't want to start smoking again.'  She desperately begged to god to make the urges stop but it was of no use. 

Finally giving in to the desire, she made her way to the store in the dead of the night and bought a pack. She leaned against a wall in the dark where no one could see her.

 She leaned against a wall in the dark where no one could see her

'Just one and I'll throw it away.'

She carefully takes one cigarette from the packet and lights it up like a professional. Even though it was the first time in her present life... As she takes the cigarette to her mouth, she sighs in relief, finally feeling her urges get satisfied.

That was when a presence made its way towards her. Since it was night time, it was too dark to see the face of the man who approached Aoi.

"AGHH!!" Aoi screams as someone smacks the cigarette away from her mouth. "What the fu- She goes into a coughing fit.

"Smoking is bad for your health you know?" She tries to look at the face of the boy who has her cigarette in his hand and has shoved a lollipop in her mouth.

She was about to say something back about his nosiness when he says, "Let me finish this cigarette for you so your lungs don't have to suffer." 

'What a weird guy..'  Aoi thinks.

"Smoking is bad for your health too you know?" she finally says something to the boy.

"I know, but I'm already used to it so it doesn't matter. When it's your first time, it's better not to try." He answers.

"What if this isn't my first time?" Aoi retorts.

"Then I would be quite intrigued and would want to know the kind of life a beautiful girl such as yourself is living, to have started smoking."