Chapter sixty two

Jackie's POV

We got to the secret cave Scarlett has on her land safely and without incident.  I always wondered where she got all her crystals and moonstones for her jewelry and now I know.

This cave is beautiful and gives off a sense of safty and peace.  It makes me think of the churches of old, this was a good idea not to mention the only one who knows this place are Scar and Sabrina.

Right now I'm sitting close to my nieces and nephews, and Selena and Dev's children.  I sat Justin with them so he can play with his cousins and not worry like I am.  I should be out there with Leon, fighting beside him, protecting Scarlett along with my brother.

Now I have another little one on the way though, they have to come first.  I know this put Leon at ease though, he hadn't wanted me to fight.  Even if I'm a great fighter, he's very protective of me.  I love him so much, I'm glad we had eloped back when we first met.  I thank the Goddess for pairing us together every day.

Looking over I check on my baby, he's laughing hysterically at his cousin.  Jackson is making faces making all the kids laugh.  I smile watching them while rubbing my belly.

"How are you holding up?"

Looking up I see Selena coming to sit with me. We've all gotten close over time, she's like a sister to Scar and I now.

"I'm doing alright I think, just watching our little ones laughing at the faces Jackson is making," I say smiling.

Looking over Selena giggles at them.  "He's a funny little guy," she says smiling at them.

"Yeah just like his daddy, Raven was the same way when we were little," I say thinking of how my brother would always do stuff like that to get me laughing when I was scared or sad.

"How's the little one inside doing?" she asks me with a smile.

"Ok I think, I had no idea I was pregnant again," I say rubbing my still small belly.

"Are you happy or sad about it?" Sel asks worried.

"Happy and surprised, I mean yeah I'm sad I can't help Leon out there but I wouldn't change the fact I'm carrying our second baby for the world, you know?" I ask and she nods her understanding.

"I just wish Scarlett could be here with us," Selena says with an anxious look.

"I know what you mean, but I believe that she will be alright, not to mention my nephew will shock the shit out of whoever's dumb enough to try grabbing her," I say laughing.

"That's only if they could get close enough to try," Selena says with a smirk and I gave an answering one of my own.

"In the words of Mr. T, I pity the fool who tries to hurt her!" I say making us both laugh.

I look around and notice that only half the elders are here.  "Where is Sabrina and half the other elders are missing," I whisper to Selena not wanting to start a panic.

"They are guarding the border to Scar and Raven's home as a first line of defense.  That way we stay hidden no matter what.  The other elders that stayed along with Alpha Dante are our contingency plan should the others fail," she says with a worried look, Sabrina is like a Nana to her so I don't blame her for her worried look.

Sabrina's POV

We made it here without problems and hid the buses outside of Scarlett's land, just incase.  So far so good, everyone is hidden and safe, half of us elders are hidden watching the borders to make sure no one gets to our charges.

I will not fail, I will keep everyone here safe even if I have to die to make it so.

Elder Angela's POV

I have been sitting in the same spot now for so long my butt is falling asleep.  Well it's better than the alternative I guess.

No sooner did I think this that I see movement coming this way, it's a group of dark witches lead by none other than Alistair.

Quickly I alert the other elders and they head my way. Elder Wilson used his ability to make a barrier around the borders to keep out the dark witches.  I was wondering how that would even work, like would they bounce off or what? But soon I got my answer when one began to charge me before the others could get here. 

She didn't bounce off, no she burned to death.  When she hit the barrier she erupted in flames, running around screaming as the others kept their distance from her and the barrier till she collapsed to the ground dead and still burning.

Wow that was horrific and sad, not only did they not help their comrade but they didn't even care she died.

"Why are you doing this Alistair? Why have you turned your back on us?"
I call to him wishing to understand why a fellow elder would do such a thing.

He looks at me and I see his eyes have changed, his once soulful brown eyes are now dark and cold.  He looks at me then behind me to who comes up to my side, it's elder Sabrina.  His betrayal was hardest for her because she has known him her whole life.

"I was tired of not mattering to the one who was supposed to be mine, they were stuck in the past with the dead.  Now I'll grant their wish and unite them with their dead loved one." He says looking at Sabrina who looks at him with pity and sadness.

"I told you I love you... but I'm not in love with you Alistair.  You also had a mate you had loved why are you really doing this?" Sabrina asks him and I look from her to him.

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE WITH ME! EVEN AFTER THEY DIED YOU STILL REFUSED ME! IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU THEN YOU DONT NEED TO BE HERE ANYMORE! BUT FIRST I'LL KILL ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN GIVEN YOUR LOVE INSTEAD OF ME!" he yells like a crazy person and I turn to Sabrina who closes her eyes.

"So be it Alistair, you leave me no choice, I will kill you to save you from yourself," she opens her eyes and her resolve is strong.  I've never seen her so fierce but I also haven't seen an elder go crazy either.

Goddess help us!