Spider-Twins (MARVEL)

Tony remembers the moment he accepted his role in Peter and Penny's lives, after a month of losing his shit, he remembers those twin doe brown eyes looking at him with so much trust. 

The Spider-Twins would tinker in his lab with him, Peter more into chemicals and Penny more into mechanical engineering, but both had a talent for them.

Peter would get lost into his projects and Penny would casually leave a bowl of chips or even something healthy nearby. Tony was surprised once after the two went home and noticed he was reaching for another bowl that was placed next to him, Penny was a lot better than Peter at being subtle.

On their scheduled relax days, Tony would be in the common area while Peter did his homework on the floor next to the coffee table and look around the room for Penny. He will always remember the panic and pure amusement when he looked up and found the girl doing her homework on the ceiling, webs holding the textbook there. 

( "Penny?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are you on the ceiling?"

"It's easier to focus if I'm on the ceiling."

"..."

"..."

"Okay." )

Rhodey, Happy, and Pepper were always happy to see Tony out of the lab. The first time they noticed, Rhodey had seen Tony leaning back on the couch and smiling up at the ceiling. It was soon after that he'd met the Spider-Twins, the two were indulging in their instincts and making a web. Except it wasn't just a web, they'd decided to use their instincts to make something nice for their mentor. His girlfriend and best friends still smile when they think about the masterpiece of a very detailed Iron Man suit made of webs.

( "Tony?"

"Mhm."

"What are you doing?"

"Enjoying a piece of art."

"Who are they?"

"The Spider-Twins."

"Still not the weirdest thing I've caught you doing." )

Tony always thoroughly enjoyed their small sibling arguments, even though they confused him sometimes and creeped him out.

( "Whatever, Pen."

"Are you guys done?"

"Yes, we're done, Mr. Stark."

"...I hate it when you talk at the same time, it creeps me out."

"Sorry, Mr. Stark."

"Quit it."

"Yes, Mr. Stark."

"Ahhh!" )

His favorite moment so far wasn't from the lab, surprisingly. Tony remembers them watching a movie with a spider on each side, Peter and Penny ended up leaning into his sides with blankets cocooning them. Since it was after his acceptance, he carted his fingers through their hair. He froze when twin purrs erupted from the two, but quickly dismissed it when FRIDAY told him quietly that some species of spiders could purr. The next morning was both funny and adorable.

( "Sorry, it's one of the things Penny and I try not to do."

"Are you kidding me? That wasn't weird."

"What do you mean? It is weird that Peter and I can purr!"

"No, I think it's adorable."

"Mr. Stark!"

"Ah! No talking at the same time!" )

Tony's favorite Peter moment was when the boy got so excited at finishing his own BB-8, that he ran to the common to show Rhodey and accidently set off his web slingers that they exploded and covered Rhodey and himself leaving them stuck to the couch. Peter ended up jumping to the ceiling and cuddling BB-8 to his chest, the kid even had the audacity to leave them there to wait for it to dissolve.

( "Tones."

"Yeah?"

"We're getting him back, right?"

"Oh, yeah." )

His favorite Penny moment was when she got hurt, not the moment, but after she was okay. Penny got hurt on her night of patrol and needed to go to the med bay, they had to give her what he called SBPM (Spider Baby Pain Meds) that was created by Dr. Cho. She was loopy, but never mistook him for someone else, which makes the moment even better. Tony had been holding her hand and running his other hand through her hair, he was the only one there since Peter was still on his way. Penny was close to falling asleep when it happened. It was then that he discovered his place in their lives.

( "Just close your eyes, you'll feel even better after a good nights rest."

"Mm, thanks, Dad."

"...Pen?"

"..." )

Now, as he watched the Guardians disappear, Tony felt pure panic. 

"Mr. Stark?"

He turns and almost crumbles as he saw Peter, dust was already coming off of him. 

"Pete..."

Tony remembers walking forward and catching Peter, but everything blurred together when he heard Penny call for her brother. Penny, his little girl, coming forward while she ignored the fact that she was disappearing too.

And with a Spider-Twin on each side, he held onto them tightly. Peter and Penny held each other's hands while trying to hold onto him. They heard his mumblings of pure panic.

"...not my Spider Babies..."

They held onto him through the pain, their healing factor that they hated right now. Peter and Penny didn't mind him gripping them so hard, they welcomed the pain that came from that.

"We love you, Mr. Stark."

Penny had been the one to speak, Tony holding them tightly.

The last time he heard them speak together, however, would haunt him.

"We're sorry."

And just like that, his baby spiders disappeared. He curled forward as his arms no longer had anything to hold, the phantom feeling of them still there as he now sat on the floor of the spaceship he was stranded in as Nebula and himself drift through space.