24. the cake

Chapter 24

Oriya Deronte

It had been 3 days since we got to and back from the hospital. Nothing much had changed. He just had to stay in bed for a week and half.

I was currently standing in front of his room door at 11PM with a cake in my hand that reads, 'cunt.'

It's really fitting

It's really fitting.

I knocked on the door and waited for a response.

Nothing.

I knocked again. I knew the bastard was in there.

A 'what do you want' came through the door. I'll take that as an invite. I swung the door open and walked in. He was sitting on his bed with his injured leg propper up as the other lazily hung on the side of his bed.

His eyes landed on the box and he tensed, grabbing his gun.

"Oh calm down, it's nothing like that." I said.

"I have zero trust in you. Open it."

I opened the box and titled it slightly, enough for him to see inside. He looked at me unamused, while I had a cheeky grin on my face.

"For being a little bit of an asshole yesterday and because your leg is all torn up." I said as I set the cake down beside his leg.

"So this is your definition of sorry?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yours was a cup of coffee and a sticky note." I deadpanned.

"Fair enough." He shrugged.

He watched me as I struggled to get his desk beside his bed. It was hard because the desk already had god knows what inside it. I finally got it and smiled at what I had accomplished.

"That was painful to watch." He said.

"I'll show you what pain is if you keep talking." I said.

He sighed, "Why did you even bring it here?"

"Not important, give me candles." I said.

He looked at me like I was stupid. "Why the fuck would I have candles in my room?"

"Mhm fair point." I looked around his room and my eyes landed on cigarettes.

"You smoke?" I asked.

"Only when I get really mad." He mumbled.

I shrugged and went over to get them. I had bought a lighter, since I had a few lying around from when I lit a candle. I took three out the box and arranged them in a triangle on the cake.

"Ready?" I asked.

"This is so stupid." He muttered as he sat with both legs on the ground.

I was standing on one side of the desk as he was sitting on the other. I looked down at him and shook my head. Nobody appreciates my kindness.