Chapter 22 -

I hardly said goodbye to the girls, tucking my dress that was covered in paper under my arm and rushing to the dorm. I could hardly wait to see what surprise Kent had waiting for me. 

As I ran into the lobby I saw Ryan and Missy arguing with each other. Why was Missy always here? I brushed it off, I had better things to focus on right now anyway, and rushed to the stairs. The elevator was too slow for this amount of excitement. 

When I reached the top of the stairs I walked as fast as possible, without actually running, to my dorm room where the door was already open. I felt like my chest was about to explode with anticipation. 

I heard footsteps approaching behind me but I didn't care, I had to see this surprise. Rounding the corner to enter my room I couldn't stop the excited gasp that left my mouth. Kent had really gone out of his way. 

My bed was riddled with beautiful red rose petals and balloons were taped to the wall above my bed, spelling out HC? 

"What's this?" Charlie's voice startled me, causing me to jump and turn around to see not only him but Missy and Ryan were right behind him. Charlie looked extremely upset, clutching a beautiful bouquet of daisies in one hand. 

"Why are you guys here?" I immediately snapped at the three of them. 

"I was here to ask-" Missy started but Ryan quickly cut her off

"No the hell you were not-" Ryan couldn't finish his sentence either, Kent came rushing into the room holding on to a red tie. 

"Whoa, what's up guys?" Kent was out of breath, standing up straight and smiling at me before glancing around at the others. Confusion quickly washed over his face as well. "Uh, what the hell is going on?" 

"I'd love to know that too," Charlie snapped, glaring at Kent and Ryan. Missy was too busy glaring at me and the dress I was still holding. 

"I thought Sadie's bed was Kent's, I'm here to ask him to the dance," Missy spoke up, a smug smirk across her face although she had no idea she was about to experience a harsh reality check. 

"Don't lie, you bitch," Ryan nearly yelled, walking over to stand next to me and wave at the rose petals and balloons, "I though Sadie's bed was Kent's, I'm here to ask Kent to the dance," 

Everyone's mouths were hanging open at this point. So Ryan was going to ask Kent to the dance, mixing up our beds, but Missy was going to try to take the credit and ask Kent before Ryan could. That's why they were arguing in the lobby earlier. They must have followed me up here immediately. I could feel the confusion in the room turning to rage quickly and decided to hang my dress up in the closet before something happened to it. 

"Ryan, you know I'd definitely go to the dance with you if I hadn't asked someone else already," Kent explained, patting Ryan on the shoulder who also smiled.

"Who did you ask?" Missy butted in, crossing her arms and glaring at everyone now not just me. 

"Sadie," 

"Me," I replied at the same time. Ryan was the only one who looked happy about the information. Missy and Charlie both glanced at each other. 

"Then why are you here, Charlie?" Kent asked, suspicious that Charlie was in our room with a bouquet of daisies. Charlie's face was stone for a moment before he grinned and chuckled sheepishly, scratching the back of his head at the same time. 

"I was trying to find Missy to ask her to the dance when I saw her rushing in here," Charlie held out the bouquet to Missy with his most charming smile and Missy took them from him reluctantly, trying to act excited. Ryan's eyes never left Missy.