36 - New Friends

Elena's POV

I wake up to small kisses all around my face.

I open one of my eyes to see Niklaus smiling softly at me while laying on his side. I smile lazily.

"Morning." I mumble and wrap around him like a koala. I rest my head against his chest.

"Good morning Love. How did you sleep?" He asks and wraps his arms around me tightly.

He gives me a kiss on the forehead before he puts his chin on my head and strokes my hand.

"Not that good. Had so many nightmares." I whisper and close my eyes.

"Why didn't you wake us up?" Niklaus asks and I shrug.

"Where is Elijah?" I ask as I pat the spot next to me.

"He is making you breakfast. He still feels horrible about... As he should. Bloody idiot if you ask me." Niklaus huffs and I giggle.

I just lay in his arms and feel warm and safe.

"We should get up. Breakfast is ready." He says after a while.

"No. Need cuddles." I mumble against his chest. 

"We have ice cream." He says with with a chuckle.

I shake my head and just cling to him tighter.

Niklaus takes his hand and puts it on my forehead. "Are you feeling well?" He asks jokingly but his tone holds concern.

I slowly shake my head. "I just need to be close to you right now." I whisper quietly and look up to him.

His eyes softens and he kisses my forehead. "I will always be here for you my love." He says quietly.

"I love you Nik." I tell him softly.

"I love you too." Niklaus says and holds me closer to his chest, protecting and comforting me from the bad world.

-

I walk to the kitchen with one of Niklaus' hoodies on. I put the hood up and sit down at the table.

I pull my knees to my chest and put the hoodie over them. I also pull one of my arms inside the hoodie.

I smile at Elijah as he puts a plate in front of me.

"Good morning." He walks over to me and kisses my head.

"Morning." I say quietly and lean slightly against him, before starting to eat with my free hand.

Elijah takes his blood and sits next to me.

Soon Niklaus walks inside, glares at Elijah and comes towards me. Yeah they haven't been in the best of terms lately.

He simply pulls me up from the chair, sits down and pulls me into his lap.

I snuggle against him and continue to eat. Niklaus holds his lips against my head as he draws small circles to my arm.

Kol walks in eerily quiet. I glance at him and give him a small smile.

He just looks at me for a long time and he looks like he is deep in thought. He sighs and leaves the kitchen.

Elijah and Niklaus share a look and I glance at them.

"What's wrong with him?" I ask Elijah who shrugs slightly.

"Don't worry about it." Niklaus shakes me off and I shrug.

I eat about half of the food and push the plate away. "I'm sorry, I can't eat anymore. Thank you." I say quietly.