8

Xie Lian took Hua Cheng to He Xuan's apartment on the top floor of Yuwen's International to get some rest, while Noah followed. He needed the shut eye and what better than the closest bed in his vicinity, besides, he also wanted to monitor Hua Cheng's condition in case anything else happened. Noah entered the key code to the apartment, a sign that he often stayed the night there, and he told Xie Lian to bring Hua Cheng to the room at the back, so they did not get bothered by anyone or anything. He then camped on the luxurious buttery soft leather sofa, and tried to convince himself to close his eyes for a few hours while his mind suddenly thought about the silver-haired woman, who easily overpowered him with her agile movement. That was not a move that could be learned overnight, only the dedicated martial artist with the highest training could do that. When she locked her legs around his neck, he could get a whiff of something fruity and intoxicating and it caused his blood to suddenly rush downward. Hell… he did not even see her face and he got a hard-on from the faint scent alone. 

Ever since he quitted priesthood a year ago, he had a few casual one-night-stands, just to satisfy his curiosity, which did not amount to anything except to release some pent up energy after hunting. He was not interested in relationships, not now, not ever, since his job took most of his time and priorities. So, he chalked up this temporary attraction to another one of his neglected basic needs. Besides, what if she looked like a harpy? Although he doubted that very much. Her playful attitude was not like someone who looked ugly, and her body was… what the hell, he acted like a virgin schoolboy who had hard-ons every time he came too close to a pretty girl, and he never did that. What's with this woman who made him like this? He had never left himself get affected by any woman, human or not, to the extent of daydreaming about her while knew nothing of her intention. She fought like she was playing with him, instead of having murderous intent like those nanites soldiers. Was she a friend or a foe?

Noah forced himself to sleep and chased away the inappropriate thought about the strange woman with silver hair. He had a feeling that they would meet again sooner or later, as long as he hung around his best friend and his family. There was still so much that he wanted to learn from Xie Lian and Wei Wuxian, the otherworldly beings that somehow had strange powers he could learn from. And he would learn as much as he could from them come rain or shine.

Xie Lian entered the room and put Hua Cheng onto the bed then he took off his clothes to make him more comfortable. He was still asleep after Xie Lian summoned the dragon, which was normal, since the last time Wei Wuxian summoned her dragon, Lan Wangji also fell unconscious for half a day. He took off his clothes and he snuggled into Hua Cheng's embrace, to chase that warmth that made him become addicted. He loved the smell of this man, and it reminded him of home, wherever that place was. He just felt safe and loved, every time Hua Cheng hugged him, or kissed him, or even made love to him with all his gentleness. He never thought that he could love anyone other than Wei Wuxian to this extent.

Xie Lian listened to the rhythmic thumping of Hua Cheng's heartbeat and it did not take him long to fall into slumber.

He did not know how long he was asleep, when he felt the light kisses on his face. Xie Lian opened his eyes to see Hua Cheng was looking at him with unconcealed love in his eyes, which now were the same color, red. The difference was this time, he was in full control of the Morningstar, thanks to the dragon that Xie Lian had summoned for him.

"Dianxia," Hua Cheng touched Xie Lian's face softly, "did you… summon the dragon for me? Because I was taken over by the devil?"

Xie Lian, having lived for centuries, could read between the lines of what Hua Cheng was actually wanting to ask. Did you summon the dragon not because you wanted to, but because you had to? 

He dragged Hua Cheng's face closer and gave him a kiss, before he answered him in a whisper.

"I want to give it to you, back then after Lan Xichen's wedding. Not because I have to, but because I want to. Unfortunately all those things happened that caused a slight delay, but the dragon is where it is supposed to be." Xie Lian traced Hua Cheng's beautiful face with his fingers. "I love you, baby. Will you stay by my side, forever?"

"I thought you'd never ask."

Hua Cheng kissed him, and groped him, and teased him, with the urgency he'd never shown before, and it only added zeal to their lovemaking, as he prepped Xie Lian and finally entered him. And that's where he belonged. 

Home.

The rest of the dinner went quite well, after Wei Wuxian and Shi Qingxuan poured a lot of wine into old man Wei's glass, making him softened a bit, although he still sent glares to Lan Wangji and He Xuan every now and then. Lan Wangji and He Xuan were unfazed though, in a way they were like two peas in a pod, and no one could deny their likeness at times like this.

After they finished their dinner and chitchatting for a while , He Xuan and Shi Qingxuan excused themselves, since it was already late. But Wei Wuxian's mom wouldn't have it. She asked them to stay the night so they could have breakfast tomorrow before they all left to conquer the world. They agreed, and soon after Wei Changze and his wife retreated to their own room, leaving the younger ones talking and enjoying themselves under the starry night. 

"Any news from Xie Lian?" Lan Wangji asked Wei Wuxian after there were only the four of them outside.

"Not yet, but Noah said that they went back to the apartment to get some shut eye, and it looked like everything was quiet on their part."

Hmm… since when she exchanged numbers with that Noah guy? 

Lan Wangji tried to calm himself down, he should be the grown up one and not getting jealous over trivial matters like this.

"We should get some sleep too, tomorrow I want to check the blood sample we collected from those nanites soldiers and see if I can do something to neutralize the nanites in a more efficient way." Wei Wuxian stood up and took Lan Wangji's hand to lead him back to her room after exchanging good night with He Xuan and Shi Qingxuan.

"I saw what you did to your parents' wine." Lan Wangji hugged Wei Wuxian from behind and inhaled her intoxicating scent when they were back to their room.

"Just a bit of love potion, to encourage them to have kids. I prefer to be in the Wei's family even until the distant future, just as you prefer to be in the Yuwen's family." She kissed Lan Wangji's palm and turned around to face him. "So, what do you think of my family?"

"I can clearly see your influence there with your father." Lan Wangji took off his shirt and started to unbutton Wei Wuxian's top. "I saw a huge bathtub inside the bathroom which begged to be used. You want to join me? I don't take no for an answer." He kissed her with an urgency that not even a lovemaking they did all afternoon could take the edge of. He was addicted to her, and he couldn't get enough of her. And it seemed that it was also the same with Wei Wuxian as she took off her clothes and jumped into Lan Wangji's embrace.

"Lead the way then, my stallion."