you get in an accident (requested)

This is what Hailee needed.

A day out with her friends after being so busy, and occasionally overwhelmed, with work for so long.

If she's being honest, she wanted to spend her day off with you.

But you had to work. Because, sadly, your days off rarely ever align with hers.

But that was okay. She'd spend her time with her friends now and time with you later.

She was laughing and joking around with them as she sipped on her drink at the restaurant they stopped off at for lunch.

It was refreshing to just sit down with her friends and enjoy herself.

But suddenly, her phone started to ring. She broke away from the chatter for a minute to see who was calling and to her surprise, it was you.

It was odd that if you're working you'd be calling her.

But she brushed it off, thinking maybe you have a small break and just needed to hear her voice like she gets sometimes when she's overwhelmed or stressed out.

"Hey, baby," she answered with obvious happiness in her voice.

But it faded as the voice on the other line didn't sound anything like you.

"Is this Hailee?"

"Yes." She mumbled. "Who is this? Why do you have my girlfriends phone?"

"I'm a nurse and your girlfriend was brought into the emergency room in a few minutes ago. She was in an accident."

"What? Is she okay?!"

"I can't tell you that. I think you should come down to the hospital."

Her heart was pounding and she was shaking with fear. She quickly explained the situation to her friends before she rushed to the car and sped off to the hospital with tears in her eyes.

She arrived a few minutes later, panting as she rushed to the desk as she tried to catch her breath.

"Someone called me about my girlfriend, y/n! She was in an accident. Is she doing okay?"

The nurse stepped out from behind the desk and walked out the door to get to her.

"The doctor will be out in just a minute. Just sit right here." The nurse said as he had Hailee take a seat.

He gave her some water and a squeeze on her shoulder as if to calm her mind.

Hailee took a sip or two, a tear falling down her cheek as she tried to keep her mind from going to the worst-case scenario.

But she couldn't help it. She loves you. You're the most important person in her life.

And she couldn't help but wonder over the smallest of things.

She was in a hurry this morning...

She told you that she loves you, right?

She gave you a kiss before she left, didn't she?

She sighed, trying to get her mind to go anywhere else but there.

But finally, a moment later, she heard footsteps approaching her and when she looked up she saw a doctor standing in front of her.

"You're Hailee?"

"Yes! Is y/n okay?"

"She's okay." She confirmed. "Your girlfriend has a few tears to some of her muscles, a fracture in her ribs, and her leg was broken so we did surgery to fix it. She's got a few cuts here, a few brushes there, some whiplash. All in all - could've been a lot worse and she is going to be just fine."

Hailee sighed in relief.

"Thank you." She sniffled.

"Y/N is awake and looking for you."

Her eyes lit up and she stood up, excited to see you after being so afraid for a while there.

"Come on. I'll take you to her."

Hailee nodded and followed right behind the doctor until they reached your room.

The doctor opened the door and as soon as you saw Hailee's face, your eyes lit up.

"Hailee!"

She ran to you and kissed your lips a few times, causing you to chuckle a little.

"I'm so happy you're okay! I was so scared."

"I know. But I'm going to be alright."

"I know you will be. You're a tough cookie." She smiled and pressed a lingering kiss to your forehead.

"I love you so much." She whispered against your skin as she closed your eyes, swearing she'd never take a single moment with you for granted from this moment forward.